Our Eastern NC Members?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PhilCK

Phil
Corporate Member
Hate to say this, but with the downing of several large oaks in our neighborhood (near NC State), Scott Smith will have some more feedstock for his mill.

- Phil

junquecol

Bruce
Senior User
Still listening to hum of generators. Duke says power should be back on by Sunday 11:59 PM.(Oct 16th.) Sad thing is a mile either way they have power.

Jim M.

Woody
Corporate Member
All good in ILM, some limbs down but over all we're blessed again. We went up north to hide out at the family farm, I have to say, it felt good to have a safe place to ride it out. I'll keep everyone with damage or still in harm way in our prayers. Jim

obxdiver

New User
Bart
Hair action due the cain - i love the younger generation:)

[video]https://youtu.be/HgU_Ac6isqg[/video]

I was inspired. Got the intro down, but those galloping triplets that follow are HARD! Sorry about the video quality but that's what happens when you check the box that limits it to text message size.

[video]https://www.facebook.com/bart.smith.779/videos/10208848266378430/[/video]

CrealBilly

New User
Jeff
I was inspired. Got the intro down, but those galloping triplets that follow are HARD! Sorry about the video quality but that's what happens when you check the box that limits it to text message size.

[video]https://www.facebook.com/bart.smith.779/videos/10208848266378430/[/video]
That's the - Big Nasty Matthew riff

10302.jpeg

Last edited:

tri4sale

Daniel
Corporate Member
Still listening to hum of generators. Duke says power should be back on by Sunday 11:59 PM.(Oct 16th.) Sad thing is a mile either way they have power.

I think thats the date they are giving everyone no matter where you are. I've got clients and others from Dunn / Lillington up to Wake County and they all say Duke is telling them the 16th.

Drew

Drew Goodson
User
Our online estimate for when the power will be back on (Wake County, near Ten Ten Road and 401) is down from the 16th to the 13th. The sooner the better!

ErnieM

Ernie
Corporate Member
While the original estimate for the return of power was the 16th here in Chocowinity (near Washington in Eastern Carolina), our power came on yesterday afternoon. This morning, we awoke to no power again. Seems there was a fire in a substation that knocked our power out again. Power resumed about 2:00pm and all is back to normal - unless you want to go someplace. Lots of closed roads due to flooding. Never heard so many generators in my life - got to get one someday.

KenOfCary

Ken
Staff member
Corporate Member
While the original estimate for the return of power was the 16th here in Chocowinity (near Washington in Eastern Carolina), our power came on yesterday afternoon. This morning, we awoke to no power again. Seems there was a fire in a substation that knocked our power out again. Power resumed about 2:00pm and all is back to normal - unless you want to go someplace. Lots of closed roads due to flooding. Never heard so many generators in my life - got to get one someday.

Ernie, glad you're doing OK if not great. A generator is on my list of things to do with the next property I buy. You don't miss the water till the well runs dry. Carry on.

Rhonda

New User
Rhonda
Thankfully, I had a 150 y/o pecan taken down before the storm as it would have taken down my workshop. Hated to lose that old tree, but will put it to use. Power out for 60 hours, but all well. Thanks!

Raymond

Raymond
Staff member
Corporate Member
Thankfully, I had a 150 y/o pecan taken down before the storm as it would have taken down my workshop. Hated to lose that old tree, but will put it to use. Power out for 60 hours, but all well. Thanks!

Welcome, Rhonda. Please go to the "Who we are" Forum and introduce yourself.

Clifton

New User
Cliff
I am in Kinston. While i am in no danger myself the Neuse river is expected to hit 29.6 feet above flood doing around 20 million in damages to buildings in Kinston. hwy 70 is under water by Friday and the nature center near downtime is already under. I am just on high ground near the hospital. The Tar river between here and Greenville is also above hwy 11 and impassable. Several communities near here are being evacuated as i write this. Chinquapin, Grifton, anywhere near the contentnea creek, and Goldsboro also has significant flooding.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS