Opinions

Status
Not open for further replies.

jstevens62

New User
Jim Stevens
Hi All,

I just put up some nice knotty pine paneling in my basement, now looking to the bar area and having a time deciding what kind of wood to use in it that compliments the knotty pine. I am looking at the English Pub look with wainscoting and wood paneling. Any suggestions????? Thanks!!!

Jim

jstevens62

New User
Jim Stevens
The knotty pine is natural, but I want this area a little darker. I have poplar, red oak and walnut in my shop that I have made different samples of to compare with. None really grabbed me.

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Seeing as you have already checked a few of the major woods, I throw out Cherry, Lypus, or Mahogany. Walnut would have been my first choice,
Dave:)

J

jeff...

My votes for walnut - since your looking for something darker, I would think walnut should be a nice contrast against knotty pine...

jstevens62

New User
Jim Stevens
I liked the walnut best but the wife is screaming it's too dark. :BangHead:

Have some cherry and mahogany samples coming. What was "my" space to do as I wanted has turned into "our space" and honey this looks better. But sure that has never happened to anyone else here, huh. lol :lol:

J

jeff...

jstevens62 said:
I liked the walnut best but the wife is screaming it's too dark. :BangHead:

Have some cherry and mahogany samples coming. What was "my" space to do as I wanted has turned into "our space" and honey this looks better. But sure that has never happened to anyone else here, huh. lol :lol:

Take my advise, go with what your wife likes. It's still wood and it will look cool regardless... Then your wife can say "I picked out the wood" eventhough you did the work to put it up...

Remember the Motto "Happy Wife, Happy Life!!!"

Gofor

Mark
Corporate Member
Famous quote: "If Momma ain't happy, Ain't Nobody happy!!" A cheap pair of sunglasses to make it look darker to you is a lot less expensive in the long run!!:mrgreen:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS