Opinin requested- Mitre saw blade

Status
Not open for further replies.

tonyps

New User
Tony
Afternoon,

I need to purchase a new blade for my Bosch 10" Mitre saw...I am looking at the thin kerf blades, 40T or more (??). Not sure how many teeth the blade should have that is purchased?
Freud has the [FONT=arial, helvetica]10" Diablo Fine Finish Saw Blade (coastaltool), [/FONT][FONT=arial, helvetica]60 tooth ATB, 15° hook, 0.098" kerf, 5/8" arbor[/FONT][FONT=arial, helvetica] for $39.00
[/FONT]Most of the cutting is done on hardwoods, some softwood, very little plywood or mdf...
Cutting material is typically from 1/2" up to 3".
Could you let me know which you have found reliable, long lasting, any other favorable attribute you feel worthwhile mentioning and one's to stay away from?

Thanks,

regards,

Tony ...

Last edited:

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Tony it looks like you got your posting problems resolved :icon_thum.
You can't go wrong with anything from Freud, they are great quality blades. You will want at least a 60 tooth blade as more teeth mean a better cross-cut.
I have been using a Freud Avanti TK800 80 tooth ATB. It's thin kerf, and I have found a little deflection with it. The next blade I get will be a full kerf, probably a Freud LU85R or LU73M, 80 & 60 tooth respectively.
In a miter saw your cuts are not very taxing on the motor, like long rips or cross-cut on a table saw. Most of the advantages of a thin kerf blade aren't applicable on a miter saw. Unless you're a serious wood-miser and just hate losing that 1/32" of wood that a thin kerf would save you. I feel you get a more stable blade with the full kerf.
I bought my TK because it was on sale at Lowe's and the original factory blade on my DeWalt CMS had about given up the ghost..live and learn.

Dave:)

Travis Porter

Travis
Corporate Member
I like Freud blades, but I don't use thin kerf blades on the miter saw anymore. DaveO came over a looonggg time ago and we discovered a lot of deflection with my thin kerf blades. Since then, I now use full kerf blades with very little or no deflection.

junquecol

Bruce
Senior User
Dave, Why don't you sell him one of your $10 Delta 60 tooth blades that you got from Mike Jackson. I use one on my miter saw all the time, but I didn't buy ten to get the free one.

JimD

Jim
Senior User
I agree on Freud and full width. I bought a chrome plated triple grind only because it was a good price on Amazon. ATB would be more normal for a miter saw. If it is made by Freud, 60 teeth or more and full width, I think you will be happy. I have had good success with a DeWalt on my table saw, however. I have purchased exactly one Hitachi and will not buy another. It is not terrible but seems to have a slight wobble. It is a 80 tooth in my 12 inch CMS. I do not think hook angle matters a lot on a CMS. I have negative on my RAS and my dado set for my table saw is negative but I do not see a problem with positive hook on my 10 or 12 inch CMS.

Jim

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS