oops, shuda intro'd a while back

Lhloy

New User
Larry
I'm Larry from Raleigh and now that I'm retired, I have a little more time to go foruming (is that a word?). I have been butchering wood for over 30 years but it's taken that long to get a decent collection of hardware in a decent shop -- but I now know that kind of project never has an ending. I started with a skillsaw inverted in a sheet of plywood on sawhorses and the rest, as they say, is history. My first real piece of equipment was a dilapidated old Shopsmith which I refurbished and enjoyed for many years. When you have little room and limited budget, what a great starter. Today I have a basement workshop that is cluttered enough to prove its effectiveness. I have several shopbuilt machines which revealed to me that I really enjoy making things to make things with. Ideas for fixtures fall out of my head, but there's no end to what you find already invented on YouTube.
I've turned the corner by visiting a senior member here who wrote the book on hospitality, knowledge, and helpfulness. Now maybe we can do some 'pay it forward.'
Meanwhile, if only I could control the humidity in my basement better....
Larry

Hmerkle

Board of Directors, Development Director
Hank
Staff member
Corporate Member
"Welcome" Larry!
You have officially piqued my interest at who the " senior member here who wrote the book on hospitality, knowledge, and helpfulness " is...

There really are SO many wonderful giving and caring people here on NCWW!

Raymond

Raymond
Staff member
Corporate Member
Welcome aboard, Larry. There are plenty of members local to you in Raleigh.

Oka

Casey
Corporate Member
Welcome......... late to the party are we ? .... glad you finally introduced yourself

Mark Johnson

Mark
Corporate Member
Glad you are with us! I don't know if you have tried one, but a larger dehumidifier from a big box store keeps my basement shop (1000 sq ft) at 50% humidity without a problem.

Lhloy

New User
Larry
Glad you are with us! I don't know if you have tried one, but a larger dehumidifier from a big box store keeps my basement shop (1000 sq ft) at 50% humidity without a problem.
Yes, I am using a good sized dehumidifier, and I have a float-operated condensate removal pump, but it only runs for a couple of months before I have to open it up and clean everything. My fine sawdust in the air clogs it up over a long period of time, it's just a little more maintenance than I would like -- but it's better than rust!
Thanks

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS