Oneway Talon & Nova ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

NCTurner

Gary
Corporate Member
I read somewhere and can't seem to find it that the Talon jaws will work on the Nova chucks, anyone know it the same is true in reverse???

DaveO

New User
DaveO
From my research the the Nova chuck jaws are interchangeable within the Nova chuck body line. The OneWay jaws are not interchangeable between the Stronghold and Talon.
The Talon jaws can be used in a Nova chuck body with the removal of the limiting safety pin.
Logic would say that the Nova jaws also could be used in the Talon body also.

A nice essay on chucks from Mr. Russ Fairfield.

Dave:)

NCTurner

Gary
Corporate Member
That is it that was the article. Anyone have any shop expierence with this? Anyone local have a Nova I can try it with?

ghayes02

New User
Gary
I have both the nova chuck and the oneway talon. The artical is right. The only problem is that the screw that holds the jaws are different for the two chuck. The talon screws are longer and have a larger head, but the same thread size. So you have to check to ensure that you nave the right screws (head size and thread length. If you use the wrong screw with a certain type of jaw, some times it will not tighten up all the way. In it will work for both chuck and jaws but you have to watchthat every thing in OK.

Gary

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS