Oneida Dust Deputy

Status
Not open for further replies.

MarkE

Mark
Corporate Member
After seeing Alan in little Washington's central shop vac setup here, I decided to give the Oneida Dust Deputy a try to see if I could set up a similar system. I got the Dust Deputy assembled and tested this past weekend and it works good.

Dust_Deputy_001.JPG

View image in gallery

The yellow drum in the back is a Thien separator I have been using. Time will tell which one works better. I do know that the Dust Deputy will need to be emptied more often with that 5 gallon pail. The Thien separator is mounted in a 20 gallon carboy.

bobby g

Bob
Corporate Member
Mark,

I've never used a Thein but the Dust Deputy that I began using a couple of months ago works great. After vacuuming the shop floor and machines (takes about 30 minutes) there is no noticable difference in the appearance of the filter in the Fein vacuum cleaner.

bobby g

kooshball

David
Corporate Member
I have one as well. I went from clogging the filter in my shop-vac in 5-min when using a biscuit joiner or ROS to cleaning the filter once every three months and only because I thought it was the right thing to do.

I can't live without mine.

joec

joe
User
I bought the one designed for the Festool Vac and love it. No more concerns with the bags. I also bought the boom arm for the vac and love that as well.

PeteM

Pete
Corporate Member
I use mine for everything so the 5 Gal. bucket had to go. The planer would fill it up pretty quickly!
So here's my "high capacity" version. Works great but I still let it get away from me sometimes and overflow into the shop vac. :BangHead:

Shop_Vac1.jpg

pete

Joe Lyddon

New User
Joe Lyddon
I have a DD also and really LIKE it...

It seems like NOTHING gets into the main Shop Vac... and the vacuum power is always 100% which is really very nice.

That one going into a larger container should work SUPER nice as well!

I have the Rigid Shop vac, which is NOT compatible with the hose connections... I ended up going to HD & getting another hose for my vac & hooked it up so it would work... I have a longer hose than normal for the main business end which I move from machine to machine as I use them them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors