One to watch

Status
Not open for further replies.

ehpoole

Administrator
Ethan
I've read through the thread(s) in question and my personal opinion is that GarageWoodworks is the only party that is really out of line (trying to silence critics with false "reports"). The others may be somewhat argumentative, but they are largely well thought out explanatory and relevant -- however GarageWoodworks inability to acknowledge that he could be wrong... and his desire to silence those who disagree with him... is where the line has been most egregiously crossed IMHO.

In the case of the report on junquecol, while his reply was somewhat smartassed and tongue-in-cheek, I really did not feel that he had crossed any lines and that GarageWoodwork's "report" was what was most out of line. User's should never "report" fellow users just to shut them up because they disagree with them, it should be reserved for cases that are genuine and serious violations of our Site Policy and Terms of Use.

My feelings are that GarageWoodworks needs to have his hand politely slapped and it should be explained to him that just because he may have created a thread it does not mean that he "owns" the discussion and has a right to determine what may or may not be said by others... threads are meant to be open discussions.

While we should probably watch the thread, I don't feel that the behavior of any of the other participants has crossed any lines worthy of discipline, though it may be wise for a moderator to post a reply reminding all participants to be civil.

My $0.02.

MikeH

New User
Mike
I've closed the thread. I think the subject was exhausted and was going to get ugly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors