Old Small Drill Press...Part of

Flute Maker

Mike
User
I am looking for a small drill press.It doesnt have to have a working motor. I have a handheld branding iron...one like you heat with propane torch and burn your initials/desire on your wooden craft. I tried holding mine in my drill press and heating and burning my design and it gave a more consistent better"burn".....I got mixed results doing it holding the iron. I dont want to do this a bunch on my drill press .I would rather have one dedicated for this.....Or if someone has a better or another idea I am open to suggestions... Thanks!!!

marinosr

Richard
Corporate Member
This might be what you're talking about already, but they make table attachments for portable drills to make a weekend warrior drill press. They are barely acceptable as a wood DP but it sounds like it would suit your application perfectly.

Universal Bench Clamp Drill Press Stand Workbench Repair Tool for Drilling Top Aluminum Base: Amazon.ca: Tools & Home Improvement

They will show up on craigslist with some regularity too.

A burette clamp and stand could also be just what you're looking for.

marinosr

Richard
Corporate Member
Ah ha I totally misunderstood what was happening here. Ignore my post above. Yeah an arbor press sounds like it would work, and then you also have a potentially useful arbor press in addition to your DP. I have pressed on some bearings with that HF arbor press, and I can vouch that it's not a total POS.

Flute Maker

Mike
User
It doesnt need to press hard but just something that can hold evenly like the drill press....and be cheap as can be lol...Just looking for now...This aint a got to have have now.. The universal drill press stand would work.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS