Old hand tools

Status
Not open for further replies.

TOL Woodworks

New User
David
I've been building my hand tool collection lately and I just wanted to share a couple of my latest finds and maybe yall can share a couple of yours. I rely on hand tools quite a bit, even when I have a power tool that can get the job done and these additions I will be able to put to good use.

The first is a Stanley no113 Compass Plane. This thing was in rough shape when I purchased it...got a great deal on it, and after I cleaned away the rust I was able to identify it as a Type 1...made from 1877-1880!
138.jpg

View image in gallery

The next is a Johnson's no.46 folding caliper rule. This thing is very handy. And its made of German Silver.

And lastly a Starrett no.425 Slide Caliper. It's in great shape. And it wasn't until I got it home that I realized L.S.S Co was Starrett. All of them were great finds at a great price. $100 for all of them and a few other little ones! Thanks for looking,

David Nestler
Tree of Life Woodworks, LLC
www.tolwoodworks.com

Bill Clemmons

Bill
Corporate Member
Congrats on the great finds. Have you checked out this thread for the M-WTCA event? Sounds like it's something you might be interested in.

Bill

cpowell

New User
Chuck
Wow, great find, I'd like to have any of them. I especially love the compass plane! :cool: :cool: I've always wanted to try one out, just never seen any at even a decent price.

Given the nice shape of the compass plane I would probably keep it just for display. I don't think they make Type 1's any more. :gar-La; :gar-La;

Chuck

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS