Old Fuji Super

CarolinaBlueJacket

New User
BlueJacket
I am thinking about moving to spray finish and have come across an old Fuji Super system for sale. I do not know the exact age but it has white text on it as opposed to the gold or yellow that seems to be more common. My question is, is it worth it to get a system that may be 10-20 years old for $100 or so? It seems in great condition with no overspray, dents, etc. My concern is the innards of the system, i.e. motor or any seals. Anybody have any thoughts? Should I go for it or run? Thanks so much.

CarolinaBlueJacket

New User
BlueJacket
Update: I just called Fuji and the system is about 15 years old but it is so old that they no longer have the serial number in their system. They sell a refurb system for 20% discount and a 2 year warranty. As a casual user, this is probably the way to go. Thinking about this vs Earlex 5500. Both are 2 stage, both have metal gun but I think the Fuji allows you to control the pattern size, Fuji has a better hose, metal turbine housing and is $90 more.

Oka

Casey
Corporate Member
Here is another consideration Look at the Sprayfine system.
Their gun is decent but the turbine is 500 bucks 4 stage and is a good turbine. As you get better you can always go to a different gun.
I have had mine for about 3 years now and no complaints on its use. It is a bit loud (79-81 @ 1 meter) but as a moderate user this is not important for me.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS