Old Craftsman Shop Vac

DSWalker

David
Corporate Member
Circa 1990.

Looking back thru an old photo album. I still have this shop vac and use it regularly today. Hose is original, but showing its age. (as am I) lol I think I still have all the attachments.

Attachments

• 20221219_210915.jpg
    20221219_210915.jpg
    1,010.8 KB · Views: 124

dancam

Dan
Corporate Member
I have the same shop vac which I purchased in NJ in the late eighties. Still kicking.

tvrgeek

Scott
Corporate Member
Mine is from the late 70's. Amazing I have any hearing left. Got it with my original Craftsman RAS. I only keep it for the "wet" just in case. I use my Fein in the shop. Original hose split years ago. Crevice tool is about half the original length.

junquecol

Bruce
Senior User
Still own couple of the 32 gallons, along with two 6 gallons. Used one of the 6 gallons yesterday. No telling how many tons of trash these have picked up over the years. Cleaned up a lot of job sites, plus shop and household use. Picked up a lot of water off slabs at work. Still LOUD, and PROUD! Many years back, there was a back page article in FWW about one of these vacuums. Owner wanted a new shiney vac. One day, going over a bridge, vac bounced out of truck, and was left hanging by the cord. After a couple seconds, he flipped the cord loose, allowing vac to go down creek. Fast forward a couple years later, and he is at gas station. Next to him is a truck with similiar vacuum in the back. Asked owner about it, and he said he was fishing when this vacuum came floating down the creek.

bob vaughan

Bob Vaughan
Senior User
Great memories. I bought a similar one in the id 1970s and took it back. It was one of the very few things I've ever taken back to the seller. The model I had was so powerful that if I stuck the wand, the hose would collapse instantly pulling the vacuum over on the back of my legs and ankle. I got tired of that real quick.

mkepke

Mark
Senior User
I have a very similar red and black Craftsman shop vac..purchased in the early 1990s in Canada.

It continues to serve, now as the vac for my CNC.

Hose is in kinda rough shape, lost a couple of attachments over the years.

I also have the mediocre Craftsman skilsaw I bought at the same time. It too keeps running.

-Mark

Craptastic

Matt
Corporate Member
Still have the ShopVac 6 HP I bought in 1997. It's been cleaning out 4 different pellet stoves, 8 different properties with 6 different basements, it's cleaned water off the floor after a couple of minor floods and mishaps, and after countless projects still picking up the dust and woodchips from all. HEPA filter from the day I bought it is still holding up strong (use a capture bag before the filter).

It's sometimes the unsung hero tool of the workshop if you ask me.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS