OK, it's done what ya'll think?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaveO

New User
DaveO
I have asked many question regarding this project from construction to finishing. I got tons of help, being hard headed as I am, I took some advice and went my own stubborn way against others. I am happy with the outcome, so let's hear your thoughts, good or bad. The finished step stool for my niece......

Finishedstepstool005.jpg

The picture kinda sucks, but it's painted with "malted milk" latex enamel paint, then I wore the edges and stained them with Early American stain. I hand painted the lettering. I will probably spray a few coats of lacquer to seal everything in. Thanks for looking and letting me know what you think. Dave:)

Last edited:

Phillip

New User
Phillip Fuentes
daveo, it looks really good. i like the lettering, is it a particular font, or freehand, or what? sure beats the pants off of storebought.

phillip

DaveO

New User
DaveO
I printed it off on the 'puter, the LOML found the font, and then used carbon paper to trace the outline and fill it in. Thanks for all the nice comments. Seeing as it is going to be compared side by side with the real Pottery Barn original, I hoped I got close. Dave:)

woodguy1975

New User
John
Very nice work Dave. :eusa_clap

I too like the font you chose and the finish approach you took. The worn edges added just the touch.

John

clowman

Clay Lowman
Corporate Member
I love it Dave, better than the pictures you posted of the original. She's gonna love it.

-clay

Monty

New User
Monty
Dave, you did a really great job! I wondered how the finish would turn out - but it's great! I'm not brave enough to tackle something like that.

I wouldn't try to compare it directly to the PB piece (although it sounds like that's going to be inevitable). What you have made is a nice, functional step with proportions and lines that are appealing to you - they probably won't match the PB step exactly, but they don't have to! I can pretty much guarantee that the craftsmanship in your piece is way beyond what you'll get from a catalog.

Big Mike

New User
Mike
Great job, Dave. Amelia will be pleased and she is the ultimate critic. I'll bet Amelia's mom will be pleased as well. Enjoyed following the project from inception to completion.:-D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS