OH NO!!! Not More Cabinet Work!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Canuck

Wayne
Corporate Member
Well, I haven't been able to avoid building cabinets since January of this year! Just as I completed my shop cabinets and got them reloaded, but my second oldest daughter says .....Daddy, Patrick and I need some nice cabinets for our laundry room. :wsmile: Not one to turn down any request from my wonderful daughters, I went to work.

With one sheet of 3/4" birch ply, a sheet of 1.4" ply and about 35 Bdft of poplar, I went to work. They are a pretty standard size 30" x 30" x 12.5" deep. Pretty much all built using pocket screws.

I finished them using 2 coats of Kilz Premium Primer and 3 coats of Sherwin Williams ProClassic acrylic enamel.

They are just hangin' out in my shop now awaiting pickup.

100_51001.jpg

100_5099.jpg

100_5092.jpg

I am hoping that I can move onto a more interesting/challenging project this spring.

Thanks for looking and please hold your cabinet build requests for a wee while.......:icon_thum

Wayne

Canuck

Wayne
Corporate Member
They look great Wayne! How did you apply the finish?

bobby g

Thanks Bobby!

I just brushed it all. The ProClassic seems to level very well.

I toyed with using my Earlex sprayer but I have heard about so many issues with spraying acrylic/latex that I decided to use the old fashioned method.:embaresse

Wayne

Canuck

Wayne
Corporate Member
Looks nice! How did you cover the edges of the ply?

Thanks Jerry.

The poplar faceframe is applied right over the exposed plywood edges in the front. I applied 1/4" poplar edge banding on the front of each shelf. I just sanded and painted the exposed plywood edges on the sides (top and bottoms).

Wayne

Canuck

Wayne
Corporate Member
Thanks a lot of all of the feedback everyone.

I recall very vividly that when I met Joe Scharle back in 2005, I asked him what he builds. His reply..." I make boxes". :wink_smil Little did I know that some eight years later that I would find myself building many, many boxes!!!!:gar-Bi

Wayne

MagGeorge

New User
George
They're good looking and well made cabinets. Very lucky daughters that they will not have a hard time looking for one.

Canuck

Wayne
Corporate Member
Whaaaat??? - you don't get to install it too??????????

:rotflm:

I packed up the cabinets and took a cache of tools down this past Sunday and they are now all up and stocked!

DSCN0425.JPG

Daughter and son-in-law are happy so Papa's happy!

Wayne

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS