Official Logo Contest Rules

Status
Not open for further replies.

SteveColes

Steve
Corporate Member
  1. The primary use of this logo will be as a header on this site and its color scheme must compliment it.
  2. The logo must look "good" when the vertical height is changed to 60 - 80 pixels and the aspect ratio maintained. At this sizing, the horiz width must be greater than 250 px
  3. The background must be transparent.
  4. The logo' must also look "good" when used as an apparel logo, or an alternate must be supplied for apparel use.
  5. You must supply the logo(s) in a color scheme, no all black.
  6. You may not win by simply taking someones else's basic logo and making minor and/or color changes.
  7. You MAY WIN by taking elements of multiple designs and combining them into something different.
  8. I will be the only judge of whether or not the entries follow MY rules.
  9. All entries must be uploaded to http://www.ncwoodworker.net/gallery/browseimages.php?c=389 This is a Moderated category. Your entry(s) will not be displayed until I approve them.
  10. No entries will be considered unless they are upload to the above category.
  11. The winner will be decided by a vote of the community.
THE PRIZE
The winner will receive free, 1 of each of the logo ware items that will be made available members.

cskipper

Cathy
I have no idea how to do any of that. If you think I should invest the time (i.e. has a snowballs chance....) I will. If so, I'll need help.

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Sounds like we have a contest on our hands, gentleman and ladies start your graphic design programs. I am looking forward to seeing the outcome.

Dave:)

SteveColes

Steve
Corporate Member
cskipper said:
I have no idea how to do any of that. If you think I should invest the time (i.e. has a snowballs chance....) I will. If so, I'll need help.
First, of all that stuff about pixels boils down to this, the logo must be at least 3.1 times wider than higher.

I'm not sure how to explain transparent backgrounds. It depends on the drawing program used.

SteveColes

Steve
Corporate Member
gsdoby said:
Is there a deadline
Good question. :eusa_doh: The reality is that I can't really start the logo'd apparel process until we have winner.

What do you and others feel would be reasonable?

Travis Porter

Travis
Corporate Member
You might want to team up with someone, maybe an Insomniac. That way you can do the design, he can do the colors, and you split the prize. I would guess only you would be allowed to submit, and it would be you that gets to tell whoever what you would share.

Monty

New User
Monty
Travis Porter said:
... you can do the design, he can do the colors...

ok, ok... I know I'm talentless (I prefer "design challenged")... don't rub it in!!!!! :slap:

:lol:

D L Ames

New User
D L Ames
Travis Porter said:
You might want to team up with someone, maybe an Insomniac. That way you can do the design, he can do the colors, and you split the prize. I would guess only you would be allowed to submit, and it would be you that gets to tell whoever what you would share.

Monty, you want to team up with me? I like the way you can color and still stay within the lines. If we win and split the prize you can wear the shirt on the even days and I'll wear it on the odd days.:lol:

D L

sapwood

New User
Roger
Awright D L :eyeslam:

I know it's Saturday nite, but this is too much fun :rolf::rolf::rolf:

Sapwood

SteveColes

Steve
Corporate Member
When I write instructions, I seem to have a way of making the explanation much more complicated than need be.:BangHead:

So size requirements boil down to this:

Height 60 - 80 pixels
Width 250 - 640 pixels

Hope this helps:lol:

SteveColes

Steve
Corporate Member
There are currently only 5 official entries, all by the same person.

:hello2: :hello2: :hello2: :hello2: We need more entries:hello2: :hello2: :hello2: :hello2:
:wav: :qgreenjum

An entry is not official until it has been posted to the " Official Logo Contest entries" gallery.

SteveColes

Steve
Corporate Member
cskipper said:
It must be too early to think - how do I move mine (and Insom's) to the official entry album?

First you need to resize the image so that it's height is 80 pixels. And then just upload the image.

Moving is done by edit picture and changing category.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS