Official Golden Mallet nomination

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phil S

Phil Soper
Staff member
Corporate Member
I would like to nominate Dan (danmart77) for the 2019 Golden Mallet award. Dan has been the guest instructor for multiple workshops, veneer, coloring, windsor chairs, dovetail x 2, marking gauges, and more. Plus all of his threads and posts have been educational and Dan is always willing to help.

Bill Clemmons

Bill
Corporate Member
+1 on Flying Ron. And ditto what Charlie said. If it hadn't been for the unique situation and Ron's extraordinary effort, I would have strongly concurred w/ Phil's nomination of Dan. Tough choices here.

Phil S

Phil Soper
Staff member
Corporate Member
I would like to nominate Flying Ron. This website wouldn't have survived without what he has accomplished during the past few months and continues to do.
I would concur except Ron is not eligible as he is a member of the Board of Directors

Bill Clemmons

Bill
Corporate Member
I would concur except Ron is not eligible as he is a member of the Board of Directors

Well shucks! I forgot about the BOD issue. :confused: But at least Ron knows how much we appreciate what he did for all of us. Guess we'll start w/ a clean slate on Monday. ;)

Hmerkle

Board of Directors, Development Director
Hank
Staff member
Corporate Member
Rather than start a new thread, I will simply post the announcement and Rules here -

PLEASE NOTE - DUE TO MY MISTAKE THE NOMINATIONS WILL ONLY BE OPEN THIS WEEK (April 15th through the 20th)
Voting will open on April 22nd and close on May 1st.

Golden Mallet
The Golden Mallet award is presented to the person that in the opinion of the membership "Most represents the goals and spirit of NCWW"
Rules
  • Previous winners are not eligible.
  • Current Board members are not eligible.

Previous winners

2013- Mike Davis
2014- Bill Clemmons
2015- b4man and Charlie
2016- Ethan Poole
2017- PhilS
2018- Bruce Swanson

The Goals of NCWW
The goal of www.ncwoodworker.net is to provide a welcoming atmosphere that fosters a unique sense of community for any North Carolina woodworker who wishes to participate or lurk. The main aspects to meeting these goals are:

1. Guests and members surfing our site should feel that they are welcome and that participating in our site is a worthwhile and pleasant experience. We strive to maintain a polite and helpful tone in our posts, replies, and questions.
  2. We seek to ensure that guests and all members of their families are comfortable viewing site content. Every effort is made to monitor User names, avatars, signatures, biographies, and posts in pursuit of that goal.
  3. Members may post threads, comments, replies, questions, and make suggestions without fear of abuse from other members or staff.
  4. We wish to create an atmosphere that fosters attitudes about other members that are conducive to a desire to meet others in person and help each other both on the site and in person.

KenOfCary

Ken
Staff member
Corporate Member
I think Berta is not eligible this year as a Board Member and I'm not sure if Chuck ever officially became a member (I could be wrong, Berta can correct me if so). Both have contributed substantially to our Outreach Program so would be likely candidates. As Berta is not running for re-election this year, she will definitely be eligible next year.

Hmerkle

Hank
Staff member
Corporate Member
I would like to nominate Graywolf (Richard Moore) his commitment to the site and continued participation teaching people the ways of hand tools and willingness to jump in and help answer a question - he represents the goals and spirit of NCWW!

Hmerkle

Hank
Staff member
Corporate Member
BUMP!
remember everyone - you only have three days left to nominate someone for this prestigious award!!

sawman101

Bruce Swanson
Corporate Member
I want to vote for every one of them. The Golden Mallet Award is a great honor, and to have so many very deserving members illustrates what a great job NCWW does in promoting woodworking skills and knowledge. My hat is off to every one of you who are nominated, and to some others who probably should have been!

Hmerkle

Hank
Staff member
Corporate Member
I want to vote for every one of them. The Golden Mallet Award is a great honor, and to have so many very deserving members illustrates what a great job NCWW does in promoting woodworking skills and knowledge. My hat is off to every one of you who are nominated, and to some others who probably should have been!
Bruce - who else should have been nominated?

To: everyone - you still have a day (maybe even two or three) as I will set-up voting on Monday April 22nd and will close it promptly on May first!

Nominate now or hold your peace for one year!

sawman101

Bruce Swanson
Corporate Member
I should have added with the nomination of SkyMaster, he has quietly worked behind the scenes for several years, building all the burial urns for our Urns For Veterans Project. Not only did he procure all the lumber, machine all the parts, and assemble them, he delivered many, sometimes travelling many miles to deliver an urn when a funeral director called and needed it immediately. I personally know he also paid from his own pocket, to ship some by overnight mail. In most cases, only JackLeg and I knew about all his efforts, and this on top of the tragedy's that have struck him and his family. This nomination is based on what he has done to earn the Golden Mallet Award nomination.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS