October Wedding Projects

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sawdust Denny

New User
Denny
My daughter was married in October and the following are a couple of projects she requested for the wedding. The pens were for signing the guest book and the quilted walnut and mahogany box was for wedding cards.

DSC01505.JPG

View image in gallery

wrwilder

New User
Ray
Denny, your daughter should be very proud of these heirlooms. Very nice work. I'm curious as to how the top of the box was constructed. Would you mind sharing the details.
Thanks,

leftoflefty

New User
Ricky
Great work Denny!:thumbs_up I'm with Ray. How was the top of the box done? Are those individual "tiles" set in a pattern?

Bill Clemmons

Bill
Corporate Member
Beautiful work Denny! :icon_thum I'm sure your daughter appreciated the gifts, and was proud to tell everyone her father made them.

Bill

Sawdust Denny

New User
Denny
The quilted box plans came from Vol 32, No 190 of Woodsmith Magazine. The actual design I used can be downloaded from the Online Extra section of their website at the following link.
http://www.woodsmith.com/issues/190/extras/additional-quilt-top-boxes/

The top is made from individual 1/4" thick pieces glued down on a 1/4" plywood panel. The magazine included plans for a miter sled to cut the pieces and and auxiliary router table to safely cut the 1/8" round over on the edge of the pieces.

Trent Mason

New User
Trent Mason
Denny, those are some beautiful projects. :eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap I'm sure they will cherish them. :icon_thum

wrwilder

New User
Ray
Denny, thanks for the info and link to Woodsmith Vol # 190. I think I might try some of these for Christmas this year.

Thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors