October 2016 Contest - Mixed Media or Video Created

Status
Not open for further replies.

KenOfCary

Ken
Staff member
Corporate Member
Since we skipped a month a while back and I'm late getting this one started, I decided to combine two categories (that are somewhat related.) Please enter your Video with a woodworking theme. Either a documentary of a method or a how-to video - we are pretty flexible as to content as long as it is WW related. Or, if you prefer enter a mixed media project this month.

The contest will run until the end of October so lets see those creative ideas flow here. Good luck to all.

Rick M

New User
Rick
It's a WMV file, Windows media file. You have to download and open it.

I'm glad this got bumped, I have several videos I can contribute. Does it need to be a new video I make this month or can I use an old one?

CrealBilly

New User
Jeff

Screenshot_2016-10-16-14-38-18.png

nn4jw

New User
Jim
Worked fine after downloading to my tablet. Thanks.

I'm glad this got bumped, I have several videos I can contribute. Does it need to be a new video I make this month or can I use an old one?

KenOfCary

Ken
Staff member
Corporate Member

Anything new to us (NCWW) is fair game. The members will vote and be the final judge to determine the appropriateness of the entry. We merely open up the category to suggested entries. The members are the ultimate judge of the content. That is what this contest is all about - members submitting their work to be judged by other members.

Good luck to all.

CrealBilly

New User
Jeff
Im still a little confused what this is about. Can i post a video of me going timber cruising on my wheeler?

KenOfCary

Ken
Staff member
Corporate Member
Im still a little confused what this is about. Can i post a video of me going timber cruising on my wheeler?

If it is WW related sure. The members will determine the worthiness of the entries by voting for their favorite once the contest ends.

Rick M

New User
Rick
This is a personal favorite. There isn't any woodworking in it but you can see and hear the comparison between 3 acoustic horns I made for making my phone louder (although that is an old phone in the video). In the shop I listen to woodworking podcasts like 360 Woodworking or Fine Woodworking, and a horn makes it easier to hear. You can also see a walnut table built by me and a spalted maple bowl used for keys, change, sunglasses, etc. I have more horn experiments planned but am waiting because I will soon buy a new phone.

[video=youtube;uo981-i55ZY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uo981-i55ZY[/video]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS