occasional table complete

Status
Not open for further replies.

dino drosas

Dino
Corporate Member
I finally finished the three leg table. The wood is Amazakoue, I think part of Rosewood family

General_16018-2_001.jpg

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Gorgeous table, I like the clean lines and understated elegance. Also I like that I learned about a new wood. I didn't recognize the name you mentioned so I had to do a little research.
You are correct it is in the same family as Rosewood - Fabaceae. It is actually more closely related to Bubinga than anything. It is in the same genus as Bubinga - Guibourtia specifically ehie species. Probably a more common name for it would be Shedua.

Dave:)

JimmyC

New User
Jimmy
Nice job Dino, but where's the rest of it?:gar-La;. Seriously, nice , clean lines.

Jimmy:mrgreen:

Canuck

Wayne
Corporate Member
Awesome table, Dino!!!:eusa_danc:eusa_clap:eusa_danc:eusa_clap

As others have said. Very elegant and clean!

Wayne

walnutjerry

Jerry
Senior User
Great job Dino!! Is it to lay your tools on while polishing them? I can't get over how neat and clean your shop is.

Jerry

Dutchman

New User
Buddy
Nice table Dino. :icon_thum Sometimes those kinds of table are tricky to clamp up and keep square. Are you planning any matching/accompanying pieces?

dino drosas

Dino
Corporate Member
The curved strechers are laminated and the finish is wiped on Waterlox original and waxed. I have more of the Amazakoue but I hope that use it. It was really a bear to work with - very dusty and brittle. I found that epoxy glue works best with this type wood although I did use plastic resin glue on the bent laminations.

side_table_003.jpg

Rocker

New User
John
Dino,
That is great work!!! I love the design and the finish. You always do the best work.
Regards,
John (Rocker)

DavidF

New User
David
Nice job Dino. I can't quite tell in the pic, but is the back straight or slightly curved?

Will Goodwin

New User
Will Goodwin
That is a great looking table! Nice job. :icon_thum:eusa_clap:eusa_danc
I wish I could say my table was complete. :BangHead:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors