Now that we've been open again, is anyone checking new members?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cskipper

Cathy
Has anyone asked DaveO if he is going to resume this activity? Meanwhile, can someone tell Mike how? Need backups too.

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
The way I understood it, and I could be wrong, only those who's zip codes did not reflect the NC/SC/VA area went to DaveO to approve. They did NOT did get any access until they rec'd the approval.

Gotcha6

Dennis
Staff member
Corporate Member
Don't know if it's supposed to be this way, but as a BOD member I was able to delete a thread AND ban the member through M & A tools quite easily. We had decided in our last meeting to leave the moderation to the Moderators, but this post wasn't even in English. It appeared to be Russian or something. Needless to say, I deleted it to preserve the integrity of the site.

MikeH

New User
Mike
Mike, I've figured it out, and just deleted a bunch. Can you access the ADMIN/CP at all?

I can log into admincp but I don't have permissions to do much if anything in there right now. I used to be an administrator, but didn't have the time to do much. I'll do as much as I can now.

SteveColes

Steve
Corporate Member
I made some other changes yesterday? users put in moderation are no longer allowed to send PMs that should help a bit.

Also there was a unofficial policy that anyone who did not meet the residence requirements and didn't bother to fill in the non resident join request was deleted out of hand. BTW these type o users should not be banned that really does no good. Just deleted them. Their email address can be banned though. That stops some.

DaveO

New User
DaveO
I've been going in nightly and deleting all in the moderation queue, and there has been a lot. But based on user names I can tell if they are legit or not. Before the "upgrade" we would get maybe 1 or 2 daily. I think there was 45 last night. I don't understand what changed that is causing so many.

Dave:)

SteveColes

Steve
Corporate Member
Dave, there was a hole left in the registration process that was letting in bots. It should be closed now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS