Nova Orion

HLW

New User
Harold
I couldn't stand it any longer, had to have one ! I've had the Orion for two weeks and am looking forward for many years of use out of a very fine lathe. It has an 18" swing, comes standard with a 22" bed extension, rotating head stock and of course the variable speed DVR motor. Do you think it will make me a better turner? Nah, me neither.

Attachments

• IMG_1372.JPG
    IMG_1372.JPG
    151 KB · Views: 237
Last edited:

HLW

New User
Harold
Looks nice! Have you used it yet? What's your thoughts? I'm not in the market for a new lathe, just curious.
Michael, I have used it and I'm well pleased. I bought this direct from Teknatool.com because I don't think it's on the market yet? Teknatool has 20 preproduction models on sale and all they ask in return is for the buyer to evaluate the lathe. Go to their web site and check out all the specs.

Last edited:

Pop Golden

New User
Pop
I bought a Saturn last year. Played with it haven't really put it to use yet. Building a set of cabinets to fit under lathe. That's for my chucks, faceplates etc. It's a great lathe! The Orion looks like a upgraded version. 1 in. higher headstock, longer bed same motor most likely new software. I'm running mine on 115 VAC. 1.75 hp. will do nicely for my use. Be sure to put the proper surge suppressor between your lathe and electrical supply. Nova demands the suppressor or the warranty is void for electrical damage. Your'e gona love this machine.

Pop

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS