Attachments

• 0EF23844-C7F2-43B5-B02D-23CADD977629.jpeg
    0EF23844-C7F2-43B5-B02D-23CADD977629.jpeg
    965.7 KB · Views: 171

Raymond

Raymond
Staff member
Corporate Member
New is $2,600-$2,700 - so the question that remains is what is the condition? Can you test it before buying? If seller won't allow testing before payment, walk away.

beloitdavisja

James
Corporate Member
I bought the Galaxi at the 2018 Klingspor Extravaganza when it was the show special. I think it's a fantastic lathe. Once you get used to the interface (and it's pretty intuitive), it makes things really easy. 8 configurable favorite speed presets and easy adjustments with the knob (10 rpm increments, or 100+ if you push in while turning the knob).

I was considering the Laguna 18|36 at the time, and I don't have any regrets going with the Galaxi.

1800 seems fair, especially including tools (depending on what the tools are).

Any specific questions about it, feel free to ask.

vinson

Doug
Corporate Member
I bought the original nova dvr (?) about 10 years ago from Klingspor. Couldn't ask for a better lathe. I did have lightning blow out a circuit board once. Don't leave it plugged in any more!

Pop Golden

New User
Pop
I just bought the Galaxy's little brother the Saturn DVR. I got all bogged down building drawers that fit inside the base frame. That with a bad case of sciatica put a crimp in my shop work I'm back at it now, but still haven't put my lathe through it paces.
The Saturn is one fine lathe. I would think the Galaxy is much like the Saturn just bigger. About Doug's lighting blow out. I was informed by Nova that these DVR motors are not under warranty if not protected by a surge protector.

Pop

Rjgooden

Big Ron
User
I decided to pass on the lathe I don’t think I have the room or enough desire. Thanks for the inputs

SabertoothBunny

SabertoothBunny
Corporate Member
I have a NOVA Galaxi DVR, it is a pretty solid lathe. Takes some getting used to the control display but it works without and issue for me. For $1800 it seems like a fair price and that being a "deal" depends upon the tools/accessories that come with it.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS