Not quite new......

Status
Not open for further replies.

mark2

Mark
Corporate Member
I am Mark Reimer - I have been hanging around the site for a while now, even posting a few projects and replies to others but have not introduced myself as of yet - so here goes.
I am a middle aged transplant to the area from the Sierra foothills of California with a 5 yr pitstop in Dallas Tx. (and recently spent 2 yrs working in the Memphis Tn area).
I have been a recreational woodworker for about 20 yrs with interest that started back in HS shop classes. I have a small assortment of power tools. (PM Artisan TS, sm router, biscuit joiner, sander and drill) and a weak collection handtools but that is expanding as some of the power tools fade.

I now use the hobby to prevent utter frustration at employment problem after spending 28 yrs in printing - many of the smaller projects of late were made either through purchases of others or "free wood" that came as a result of the May storms here - Free is really a good term for lots of work involved trying to salvage some mid size oak, cherry and pine that fell in the yard with a chainsaw and Alaskan small log mill - but not to complain to much as I now have my first real workbench.
Of course the wood was / is green and the top will need to be flattened at least one more time and the 6x pine support structure needs a little tightening. Fortunately I planned for this need in the design and the 2 1/4"+ of oak on the top has room to work.
I enjoy the site - lots of project ideas, tips, methods and the spirit of helping others.

Thanks for having me........

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors