Not exactly a work of art,

Dee2

Board of Directors, Vice President
Gene
Staff member
Corporate Member
but it seems functional. It's my new Fritz and Frans jig. I'll test it when I find the leopard wood. It is time to make another lighthouse. This lighthouse will go the University of Central Florida' Engineering Management Honor Society. I do have a piece of Rosewood that I don't remember where I got it. Might just use that. Still finding 'things' after the move.

FWIW, the handle in the fore ground folds over. It's a family legacy item that was in my father's collection of hardware. I've carried that thing around for quite a few years. When it is the full up position it locks vertical for pushing that part of the jig to hold the stock.

As you can see, I didn't spend a lot of time making it pretty. Maybe next time.

BTW, I tried making runner from Ipe but it kept distorting. I gave up and got some HDPE from McMaster Carr.

Been thinking about parallel bars for the slider but not sure how much I would use them. I'm still a turner.

Unknown-3.jpeg

Got a wedgie sled in the making. More later.

Dee2

Gene
Staff member
Corporate Member
Clamp a piece to be cut between the Fritz and Frans components on the slider. Kinda of a replacement for the left side of a table saw.

Keye

Keye
Corporate Member
My mind is more simple than Mikes, although from what I have seen him post I am pretty sure his mind is not simple. I think it is going to take a video for me to understand. At least tell me what Fritz and Frans components are :eek:.

MarkE

Mark
Corporate Member
Although prices continue to go up, you can get a slider for considerably less than $20k.
The caveat being, you may need to adjust the fence and the blade height the old fashioned way, by hand.

Phil S

Phil Soper
Staff member
Corporate Member
I bought my Hammer K3 slider for less than a SawStop. They have gone up some but not that much.

Dee2

Gene
Staff member
Corporate Member
For the record, I do not have a $20K slider. But wow that thing does look sweet, like in a video where he folds the wagon to cut a miter. Meanwhile, back to the jig.

Last edited:

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS