Not easily impressed

tvrgeek

Scott
Corporate Member
It was a good morning. I unpacked the two cabinet doors I got from FastCabinentDoors. Very nice. Actually, I doubt I will make another door myself. I used my new Kreg Euro hinge gig and it worked fine. I doubt it will last before the tolerance grows from being cheap plastic, but heck, it works and I am no production shop. What really impressed my was I got a bottle of Trend tool cleaner. Never have I cleaned a saw blade as well and easily. Now that impresses me.

OK 4th of July. Flag is out. We still have our democracy, plenty of cold Highland Ale, Monroe sausages for the grill, a few fireworks. Life is good.

Martin Roper

Martin
Senior User
Thanks, Scott. I added Trend tool cleaner to my Amazon Smile shopping cart. I'd been using Simple Green with just OK results.

Jim Chelgren

New User
JC
Gentlemen, I use a cheap oven cleaner from D TREE. to clean the gunk off of my blades. I also get the 3 pack of bristled brushes from there as well. I use a plastic covered cake pan which is 12 " diameter and set the blades in there as let the stuff do its work. 5 minutes, brass bristle brush and the blades are clean and ready for resharpening. I use a respirator when I spray it and leave the area as the product does it's job. New member JC

gamiller3rd

Pappy
Senior User
Generic citrus spray cleaner works pretty well too. Spray it on, give it a few minutes, and brush off with an old toothbrush.

Martin Roper

Martin
Senior User
I stumbled upon an old box of cheaper router bits that I had used on pine boards many years ago then basically forgot about. They had a fair amount of pitch on them, so I broke out the Trend tool cleaner and it made short work of them.

Hmerkle

Board of Directors, Development Director
Hank
Staff member
Corporate Member
I use it for router bits (and sometimes circular saw blades) and it seems to work well. I have a smaller 18 oz bottle.
I guess I am also curious how it compares to the Trend brand...

dino drosas

Dino
Corporate Member
If you are a member of Sams Club, get their oven and grill cleaner (Members Mark Commercial). Three quart pack is less than 10.00 I use quite a bit of it in the restaurant and it really does the job. Great on any hard surface especially ceramic tile. Caution - it does etch aluminum. Saw blades and bits are no problem. I run hot water over them to get them warm and it is much more effective. And like the say on TV. - "SHE'LL LIKE IT TOO"!

Rwe2156

DrBob
Senior User
Krud Kutter! 1 gallon is about 15 bucks. I use a flat pan to soak blade for a few minutes a stiff plastic brush the resin melts off.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS