Noise from DC

David Justice

David
Corporate Member
When only one gate is open on my Oneida 3HP DC, I have recently started hearing a high pitched almost 'whistle' sound. I have to open a second gate about halfway to get rid of it. Does this mean I have a leak somewhere? I haven't noticed any drop in suction.

Thanks for any help.

Oka

Casey
Corporate Member
Or possibly a small piece of wood lodged in somewhere, if so it would be at a fitting connection.
There are 2 proper tests if you wanted to test for a leak. One is a smoke test. Easy to do if you have a Halloween smoke machine. It involves closing off the system and running smoke inside the piping duct way. Then just look for any escaping and you found the leak.
The other is using a vacuum test, this is a little more complicated.
Look for the obvious possibilities first, always. Then, if that is not successful then you go to the testing,

mpeele

michael
User
When only one gate is open on my Oneida 3HP DC, I have recently started hearing a high pitched almost 'whistle' sound. I have to open a second gate about halfway to get rid of it. Does this mean I have a leak somewhere? I haven't noticed any drop in suction.

Thanks for any help.
I have an Oneida 3 hp V DC and my 4” gates all whistle(due to air flow through open gate), 5” gates or multiple open gates, not so much. I had leaks in some of my adjustable elbows and Ys that were not noticeable with the older 1 1/2 hp collector and the only way I could hear them with new system was to close all of the gates. I fixed these with tape or silicone caulk. I used insence sticks to test for leaks.

With new DC air flow through the gates is louder than the dust collector motor/fan. I have puemamitic controlled blast gates and when I installed the new collector they would not open. I had to increase gate air pressure.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS