Newish to site

Status
Not open for further replies.

Abbott0222

New User
Abbott
Hello

I'm newish to the site, I've been a member for a while now but haven't really used it as a resource. I recently advanced my shop to allow me to dimension rough lumber. I have a few projects planned out that I need quality lumber (oak, maple, ash, etc) for. My problem is I don't know where to start looking for those supplies. I've looked around on the site and I found a few members near the Charlotte area selling lumber but none within an hour. I'm not sure if I'm looking in the wrong places. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks

Chris

Steve_Honeycutt

Chat Administartor
Steve
Abbott,

Welcome to the site, even if you are not new. I am sure that others will chime in, but the one that come to mind is The Woodworking Source - Mooresville. All of the others that I am aware of are further away from you than an hour, but it might be worth the drive depending on the quantity that you are looking for. Steve Wall Lumber Co and the Hardwood Store both would be about 2+ hours away from you, but both offer quality wood and the prices can be checked online. I would not be surprised if they don't deliver to the Charlotte area on a regular basis. There could also be some smaller operations that I am not familiar with in the Charlotte area.

Steve

red

Papa Red
Red
Senior User
Welcome to the forum.

+100 on The Woodworking Source. He is also a member here and has great lumber.

Red

Hmerkle

Board of Directors, Development Director
Hank
Staff member
Corporate Member
Welcome back "Abbott!"

I agree, with the idea of running out to see Rick at The Woodworking Source - he WILL help you. A great guy to work with.

I needed 36" of a special crown that nobody carries anymore and he had a piece! (If he didn't he could have produced knives and made one for me! (The molding source)

JohnW

New User
John
Three places near Charlotte I buy from all less than 1 hour away. I highly recommend each.
Woodworking Source in Mooresville
Kyle Edwards in Iron Station
Advantage Lumber in Grover

Woodcraft in Matthews has lumber but way too expensive IMHO.
Worth in west Charlotte and A&M in north Charlotte have lumber and ply but cater more to cabinet shops and not home hobbiest. I do business with both and they used to offer good discounting...but not anymore.

LeftyTom

Tom
Corporate Member
Has anyone mentioned Rick Dinardo at the Woodworking sSurce in Mooresville? :D It is an hour drive for me one way, but I am cheap. :rolleyes:

llucas

luke
Senior User
Not to highjack this thread, but can someone give a GOOD link to Woodworking Source....everything I try gets me to a website that is All Festool All Day...no lumber, etc....is this his only product line?

Jeremy Scuteri

Jeremy
Not to highjack this thread, but can someone give a GOOD link to Woodworking Source....everything I try gets me to a website that is All Festool All Day...no lumber, etc....is this his only product line?

I could find a link to the Moulding Source (http://www.themouldingsource.com), and a link to The Festool Source (https://www.thefestoolsource.com/). If I type thewoodworkingsource.com into my web browser it automatically redirects me to thefestoolsource.com. I don't know if that is an accident or not. His facebook page is named "The Woodworking Source & The Festool Source", but all the recent posts are for Festool and some older posts that link to the woodworking source have the images missing.

Hmerkle

Board of Directors, Development Director
Hank
Staff member
Corporate Member
You would have to call Rick, but I think he directed traffic away from "Wood sales" (Imagine Joe woodworker showing up and asking "Can I sort through that stack for the one right board I want for $30 and then let you re-stack it after I leave?" "Oh yea, can you cut this into 3 pieces and rip them so they fit in my Prius?"

Or sell molding to a historic home remodel or sell Festool? (I know what my answer would be - especially after working at the hardwood connection when I was a LOT younger and dumber and restacking those boards on a Saturday afternoon (Long after 5:00 p.m.!)

BTW - the Moulding Source (http://www.themouldingsource.com), or The Festool Source (https://www.thefestoolsource.com/)

Will get you to Rick!

Abbott0222

New User
Abbott
Thanks for the feedback. I found a lumberyard in Charlotte and I wanted to see if anyone has purchased from them. Its called Carolina Urban Lumber.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS