Newbie in New Bern

Status
Not open for further replies.

karlkoch

New User
Karl
Greetings y'all!

Although I have been creating a variety of "stuff" all my life, I am new to fine-er woodworking and lathe turning. I'm in the middle of a red oak and sapele table at "Shop Class" in New Bern (a rental workshop). They have a Grizzly G0766 lathe at Shop Class and I've turned a couple of bowls etc....turning really has me hooked! Thinking seriously about getting my own lathe in the near future. So, I'm looking forward to seeing what others in NC are making and, hopefully, learning something from you more experienced woodworkers. Take care!

Karl

sawman101

Bruce Swanson
Corporate Member
Welcome aboard Karl; we're glad you're here! Looking forward to seeing what you are making also, so post lots of pictures, we love 'em.

Barry W

Co-Director of Outreach
Barry
Corporate Member
Karl, welcome to a group of expert sawdust producers.:gar-Bi

Joe Scharle

New User
Joe
Welcome Karl....there are a few of us in New Bern that meet for lunch about once a month. Watch the board for announcements and join us. Also, if you need local help, let us know....Joe - Fairfield Harbour

karlkoch

New User
Karl
Thank you Joe! I appreciate the invite and would like to take you up on it. I'll watch for announcements. FYI, I live right across Upper Broad Creek from Fairfield Harbor down a long dirt road off of Lee Landing. When I look out my living room window I'm looking right at the sailboats at Blackbeard's.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors