New Year giveaway

Status
Not open for further replies.

gritz

New User
Robert
Phil, The reason I'm posting here is not that I need any of the cabinets, doors, trim, etc. I might be able to use one or two fluorescent lights but we'll see when you post other pictures. However, I just keep reading posts by you where you give away an unbelievable amount of merchandise, as well as offer to help anyone you possibly can. All of that has to be an enormous task in addition to running a business, taking care of home life and then taking inventory and allocating these huge amounts of cabinets, etc. that you could either just as well have sold or scrapped without getting into all of the work you go through and no one would have known the difference. That is a whole lot more than generosity as well as unselfishness and time consuming than most other people would ever want to do. Happy New Year and God Bless.

As a retired contractor who once did lots of high rise remodeling, It broke my heart to throw away lots of fine mahogany, walnut and cherry woodwork through the years because I had no connections such as NCWW to distribute through. There were no recycling stores, etc. in those days. Phil, you are a true believer and a saint.

Phil S

Phil Soper
Staff member
Corporate Member
If the doors are solid, I can take a few of them.

They are 6 panel doors. Most are 35 13/16 x 83 x 1 3/4 and prepped for commercial c locks. We have some that are 9 lite glass and a few that are cherry. All are down now and we have over 80 doors stacked in the lobby. I think I can save you a few.

DSWalker

David
Corporate Member
Is this going to be an EARLY am pick up as before? I'm going to try and line up someone to help me load and having a time frame would help me lock something in with them.

Danagawa

New User
D
Awesome that you are offering this up. Are there any cabinets left unclaimed (uppers or lowers)? If so I would love to get some

Phil S

Phil Soper
Staff member
Corporate Member
Here is an update many have been waiting for:

After cleaning up the white cabinets, the building management now want them - But I told them they would have to remove them and get them out within the week. I am somewhat doubtful they will do that and if not I will distribute to all that said they wanted them - Time will tell

BUT all is not lost I actually found another room full of cabinets

Here is what we currently have to give away and that I will be allocating to the I want list:
10 full book cases, most are 36 by 96
18 stained veneer upper cabinets
6 stained veneer base cabinets

14 hanging lights
60 2 x 4 fluorescent fixtures
12 2 x 2 fluorescent fixtures

Many misc size cherry panels from the wainscot - the actual wainscot trim will not be reusable in its current form - toothpicks anyone?

Literally at least 1000 feet of 5" mahogany crown - we are just starting to take that down. Looks like the crown will come off fine but the backboard will probably not

Close to 2000 feet of mahogany base 5 1/2 x 3/4 stained This is coming off rather nicely (no glue) There will be a trim screw or two every 16 to 24 inch This base will clean up nicely to 5/8 thick very nice material just waiting to be made into small boxes I have already set aside some nicely figured boards for my own use .... some day

We have over 80 doors - solid mahogany doors

The door jambs are made for the 2 1/2 stud walls and the time it takes to recover them down is not worth the material - we will send them to recycle and they will come back in different form

The conference room built-ins look like they may not survive - they are last on my list

Again pickup will be Jan 13 starting at 7 am at the Bank of America building in downtown Raleigh

I will post again during the weekend coming up

DSWalker

David
Corporate Member
I know that building all too well. I work downtown and have 2-3 meetings a week there. I'll actually be there tomorrow afternoon.

frankc4113

Frank C
Corporate Member
If I could get 4 of the 4 foot fluorescent fixtures if they are hanging fixtures I would appreciate it. If they are 8 foot fixtures, I would need 2.

Last edited:

Phil S

Phil Soper
Staff member
Corporate Member
If I could get 4 of the 4 foot fluorescent fixtures if they are hanging fixtures I would appreciate it. If they are 8 foot fixtures, I would need 2.

They are 8 feet, but really they are two four foot fixtures bolted together. Please be aware these are currently running on 277 volts, however they do have multivolt ballast which means they should operate on 120 and 277 The lights i have in my shop also have multivolt ballast and were taken down from a 277 volt installation and are now working fine on 120. Yet some folks have had to replace the ballast - your miles per gallon may vary

frankc4113

Frank C
Corporate Member
2 of the 8 foot fixtures would be okay. If I had to, I could break them down to 4 four foot ones.

Bear Republic

Steve
Corporate Member
Sounds great Phil!. I'm actually just up Fayetteville from there. Will this all go out the loading dock? If you're around for lunch tomorrow, I'm buying and if your guys need a donut fairy I can arrange that. Or next week if that works better.

So if available, I would like the following. Feel guilty asking for so much
(4) of the 2x4 lighe fixtures
Some of the cherry pieces
,(100') 5.5x3/4 base molding
(2) doors

Bas

Recovering tool addict
Bas
Corporate Member
I could use two or three upper cabinets, and maybe some of the trim....there has got to be a use for that! Plus a good excuse to come out for some woodworking fellowship.

woodworker2000

Christopher
Corporate Member
I'm starting to get really interested in some of the doors but will let other people get what they want first. I've benefited from Phil's generosity too many times to count over the past few years.

tooboos

New User
tooboos
I wood like to use

4 stained upper cabinets
2 stained base cabinets
10-20
mahogany base 5 1/2 x 3/4

jlimey

Jeff
Corporate Member
Phil,

As always, thanks for taking your time to save the landfills and provide goodies to us!

I could use 8 of the 2 x 4 fluorescent fixtures and 2 of the 3' wide bookcases.

Jeff

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors