New Year giveaway

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rick_B

Rick
Corporate Member
Phil - great looking stuff. My son just bought a house and is looking for cabinetry for garage organbization. I would be interested in some upper cabinets if any are available

Rick

I see lots of folks jumping in - hopefully I didn't fall off the radar :)

Rick

Phil S

Phil Soper
Staff member
Corporate Member
I see lots of folks jumping in - hopefully I didn't fall off the radar :)

Rick

I will certainly try to get save some upper cabinets for you, but I hope you understand that I do this to promote woodworking and help members outfit their shops. Is your son a member here ?

oldetoolworkshop

New User
Aaron
OK but just to be sure do you want two doors or two doors and jambs - please note the jambs are for commercial walls that are either 4 7/8 or 3 5/8 thick. Most likely they are two layers of 5/8 sheetrock on 3 5/8 metal studs = 4 7/8. If you want with jambs, I will need to now the desired handing.

Thanks Phil!

Thanks for the additional information too. Yes, please include 2 doors with the mahogany from the jambs from the 4 7/8 walls if possible. Also, will you be notifying us of the location and time to come pick up these items on the 13th?

-Aaron

Phil S

Phil Soper
Staff member
Corporate Member
Thanks Phil!

Thanks for the additional information too. Yes, please include 2 doors with the mahogany from the jambs from the 4 7/8 walls if possible. Also, will you be notifying us of the location and time to come pick up these items on the 13th?

-Aaron
I will be sending the pickup location via private message when we get closer to the pickup date

mkepke

Mark
Senior User
Hi Phil - I would be interested in:

- up to 2 of the 4-bay wide bookcases
- up to 2 of the 3 bay wide bookcases
- the "Veneered cabinets with green granite top approx 30" deep" if there is at least 8 running feet in good shape.
any scrap/damaged cherry or mahogany panels if ~1/4" thick. Just looking for material big enough to cut Shaker box tops/bottoms out of.

Do you need assistance taking (all of) these materials out?

-Mark

KenOfCary

Ken
Staff member
Corporate Member
I will have trouble getting there before 11AM so if that is an issue, you can ignore my request. But I can plan on being at the location around 11-noon if that works for you. If not, I'll just pass on your usual generosity and hope others can benefit who are closer - one of the disadvantages of moving away from the hustle and bustle of the big city.

Still enjoying the seclusion of Floyd County despite the 10 degree temperature lately.

mquan01

Mike
Corporate Member
Do you want all of the pieces so you could reassemble - makes a difference how we demo this
I am not sure how much we have. I can measure tomorrow. some of the panels will have a cutout for power and data
How many feet do you need?

She wants up to 80' or whatever you have. We can take it all if that is easier for you..

LastChanceWoodshop

New User
Jason
Phil,

Are the doors solid wood or veneered? I've no need for the doors as doors, but would be very interested in disassembling for other projects.

Thanks!

JD

badger fan

Bruce
User
Phil
i would be interested in 3 or 4 of the book cases, if they are 4 feet wide it would be 3. Hoping there are some left. Thanks

Bear Republic

Steve
Corporate Member
Thanks again Phil! Those are too nice to go into my garage. I'll let anyone with a better spot enjoy them and appreciate the wood. I would like to get some of the flat molding I'd like to get creative for some products. Any size lengths would be great. Will probably take a door or two. I can be there whenever.

you mentioned lights! Whatcha got?

This spoken for?
attachment.php

Last edited:

Rick_B

Rick
Corporate Member
Hey Phil - thanks for the response. I understand and appreciate your generosity. My son is not a woodworker - yet but Iam working on him. :) I would completely understand if you decide the upper cabinets need to members. Let me know either way so I can plan for a pick up.

Thanks
Rick

Phil S

Phil Soper
Staff member
Corporate Member
I got a good start on an inventory and took a bunch more photos. But my home internet modem just bit the dust and I am down to using my iPhone. I will send big update when back online either tomorrow or Thursday

DSWalker

David
Corporate Member
I got a good start on an inventory and took a bunch more photos. But my home internet modem just bit the dust and I am down to using my iPhone. I will send big update when back online either tomorrow or Thursday
You are the man Phil. We all look forward to your update, and again, thanks for the opportunity!!

frankc4113

Frank C
Corporate Member
Phil, The reason I'm posting here is not that I need any of the cabinets, doors, trim, etc. I might be able to use one or two fluorescent lights but we'll see when you post other pictures. However, I just keep reading posts by you where you give away an unbelievable amount of merchandise, as well as offer to help anyone you possibly can. All of that has to be an enormous task in addition to running a business, taking care of home life and then taking inventory and allocating these huge amounts of cabinets, etc. that you could either just as well have sold or scrapped without getting into all of the work you go through and no one would have known the difference. That is a whole lot more than generosity as well as unselfishness and time consuming than most other people would ever want to do. Happy New Year and God Bless.

Last edited:

patlaw

Mike
Corporate Member
I would be interested in some of the bookcases if they're removable and movable. I'll wait to see what's left as my need is not critical.

MarkE

Mark
Corporate Member
Phil, The reason I'm posting here is not that I need any of the cabinets, doors, trim, etc. I might be able to use one or two fluorescent lights but we'll see when you post other pictures. However, I just keep reading posts by you where you give away an unbelievable amount of merchandise, as well as offer to help anyone you possibly can. All of that has to be an enormous task in addition to running a business, taking care of home life and then taking inventory and allocating these huge amounts of cabinets, etc. that you could either just as well have sold or scrapped without getting into all of the work you go through and no one would have known the difference. That is a whole lot more than generosity as well as unselfishness and time consuming than most other people would ever want to do. Happy New Year and God Bless.

Absolutely. 100% agreement.

Volksdad

New User
Glen
Phil:

Thanks for giving us all the chance to share in your generosity.

I could use some mahogany crown or trim. I'm just interested in repurposing the wood for small projects- so I don't really need a specific amount or anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors