New Wood Lathe

Charlie

Charlie
Corporate Member
As many of you know, I was the very lucky winner of the first place prize in the NCWW raffle drawing, which was a Laguna Revo 18-36 Wood Lathe w/wheel kit. I couldn't believe it. After listening to 89 other ticket numbers being drawn, and missing one item by one digit, I had given up. Then bam! It happened. A miracle!
Unfortunately, or fortunately, my existing lathe is a Powermatic 3520B w/18" bed extension, which is a much heavier and beefier lathe than the Laguna. Plus it's a 20" vs 16".
Thanks to Coleman and the Klingspor Woodworking Shop crew I was able to upgrade to the new Powermatic 3520C w/20" Bed Extension. I spoke with Coleman in Hickory Thursday AM and picked up the new lathe in Cray Friday AM. That is what good service is all about. Tony and Doug at the Cary store were very helpful.
The following photos show the lathe all set up in it's new home. Of course I had to add the accessories from the old lathe, such as the HoldFast Vacuum System, dust collection and my tailstock foldaway system (built a new and improved unit for this lathe).
My last project will be to get some matching paint.
Thanks for looking and thanks to everyone that made this possible.
NCWW ROCKS!

100_0274.JPG
100_0276.JPG
100_0275.JPG
100_0278.JPG

drw

Donn
Corporate Member
Charlie, I am so happy for you, congratulations! I am looking forward to seeing all of the beautiful work that you craft with the new lathe!

sawman101

Bruce Swanson
Corporate Member
A prize that will definitely produce beautiful pieces of art, unsurpassed by the very best, because our Charlie is THE VERY BEST!

Phil S

Phil Soper
Staff member
Corporate Member
Good things happen to good people - amazing works that works !!

chris_goris

Chris
Senior User
Congratulations Charlie! Of anyone here, you certainly use your lathe!. Im just stunned at how clean your work area is....

JohnnyR

John
Corporate Member
If anyone had to take MY prize away, it couldn't have gone to a better person. Congratulations again Charlie!

KenOfCary

Ken
Staff member
Corporate Member
Let us know a comparison some day after you use the new 'C' lathe compared to the 'B'. Congratulations and thanks to Coleman and company for getting you what you preferred to have as a prize.

Michael Mathews

Michael
Corporate Member
congratulations Charlie! I'm so happy for your new upgrade! I can't wait to see what kind of new things you create on this beauty!

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS