New to Raleigh area

Joeastwood95

New User
Joe
Hey everybody. My name is Joe and I just moved down here about 5 months ago from Long Island, NY. I am doing a project and have (6) 2x8's that I need to have planed a little bit. Would anybody know where I would be able to get this done? I am willing to pay for the service, I am not looking for a freebie. I just genuinely do not know anybody that has a planer. I live in Rolesville just outside of Raleigh. Thanks in advance for any responses I get!

Ralrick

New User
Rick
Hey Joe - I'm in North Raleigh and happy to plane them for you for free if it's not too far of a drive. I have a DW736 so it works well as long as you don't have large twists in the 2x8's. PM me if you want to set a time.

Rick

Last edited:

Douglas Robinson

Doug Robinson
Corporate Member
Welcome Joe. i too live in North Raleigh. I grew up in Huntington Station, Long Island. Where are you from up there?

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
Welcome Joe from another former New Yorker. Don't miss NY at all. I grew up in Poughkeepsie. I have a brother who lives in Middle Island.

danceswithwindows

danceswithwindows
Corporate Member
Welcome Joe! I lived in NY for many years. Hope you enjoy Raleigh - its a great place to live, if you can find a house and your commute is not too bad.

mkepke

Mark
Senior User
Welcome Joe! I lived in NY for many years. Hope you enjoy Raleigh - its a great place to live, if you can find a house and your commute is not too bad.
Welcome to Joe

Are people from the NYC metro area allowed to complain about commute times? :)

(Joe said he’s from Long Island)

-Mark

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors