New to NC

Status
Not open for further replies.

copythat

New User
Rob
Hi everyone. I moved to north-central NC on July 1. I spent the last 31 or so years in SoCal. I am in the process of setting up my garage shop and look forward to getting dusty again. It has been several years since I built anything and I am excited to get going. I can't believe how much things have changed. I now see computers in the shop and accuracy measured by the thousands of an inch. Looks fun!

golfdad

Co-director of Outreach
Dirk
Corporate Member
Welcome to the best sawdust pile on the net Rob :eusa_danc

Michael Mathews

Michael
Corporate Member
welcome Rob! We like pictures! Someone will post the links to the instructions on how to post pics. Enjoy the group! There is a huge wealth of knowledge here. Oh, and feel free to jump in with opinions and comments. Also, we occasionally have outreach events. Please don't be a stranger! We love it when people come out to the events and spend some time getting to know others on the group. It's a great time and a wonderful group of people! Even if you think you don't know anything or have anything to contribute to the event, come on out anyway! And watch out for workshop events, they fill up fast!

Berta

Berta
Corporate Member
I moved from NE Ohio about 9 years ago. Southern CA? You are in for a shock! It is warmer than Ohio.

Barry W

Co-Director of Outreach
Barry
Corporate Member
Rob, Welcome to a wonderful group of sawdust makers. I am a short way from Eden in Stokes County, home of the beautiful Hanging Rock State Park. You are also fortunate to live near Steve Wall Lumber Co. in Mayodan, they happen to be one of our sponsors. A great lumber source.

KenOfCary

Ken
Staff member
Corporate Member
Welcome to one of the friendliest websites in the region. Ask questions and give advice when you have it and I think somebody mentioned we love pictures. Please post some of the new shop as it takes shape. The weather here will definitely be less boring that SoCal, but hopefully you won't see too much snow.

I wouldn't get too hung up on those millimeter measurements though, wood still moves and you can only be so accurate.

Fishbucket

New User
Joe
Hello fellow defector of California !
Youll have a shock of normal Gas prices and friendly attitudes.
Good group here, Welcome.

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
Welcome to the site and the state. Both are great places to hang out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors