New Sharpening Station

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nate Davey

New User
Nate
Firstly, all the cabinet grade workshop guys avert your eyes. I wanted to try something a little different for my sharpening station. As I'm extremely space limited, I wanted something the could mount on my ways or screw down to my workbench. This is what I came up with. It's made entirely out of scrap until I work the kinks out. The hole under the grinders on/off switch is 1 3/4" deep and will accommodate my 5/8 bowl gouge. I like the height but need to rotate it 90 degrees so as not to send all the metal and wheel dust into my lathe. Aside from that I'm sort of partial to it. The guards will be put back on the grinder before use, just have them off to remove some un-needed brackets.
Sharpening_Station1.jpg

Comments and criticism welcomed.

mshel

New User
Michael Shelley
The hole under the grinders on/off switch is 1 3/4" deep and will accommodate my 5/8 bowl gouge.

What is the significance of this hole ?????? Looks like you have a very workable setup.

Mike

Nate Davey

New User
Nate
Mike,

When using the Wolverine Sharpening Jig, the recommended tool overhang, if that makes sense, is 1 3/4". I just put the gouge in the hole and run the jig up to the cabinet and tighten it down.

mshel

New User
Michael Shelley
Mike,

When using the Wolverine Sharpening Jig, the recommended tool overhang, if that makes sense, is 1 3/4". I just put the gouge in the hole and run the jig up to the cabinet and tighten it down.

I see, said the blind man.....:gar-La;:gar-La;:gar-La;

Mike

Glennbear

Glenn
Nicely done :icon_thum , as an adherent to the utility before beauty shop design principle I like it. :wsmile:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS