New Old Member

Status
Not open for further replies.

striker

New User
Stephen
Well I've been away for awhile but some of the old timers here may remember me. I was a passionate woodworker when my life took an unexpected turn in 2011 when I lost my wife to CA. After that I couldn't care less if I ever picked up a chisel again. Well some years later now, I've moved twice, lost 140 lbs ( bench press more than I ever did), and once again fired up about turning the mess in my garage into a shop. I didn't think it would ever come back but I guess life is a circle, not a line. I hope to be posting pics and adding to the board!

Stephen

Steve_Honeycutt

Chat Administartor
Steve
Stephen,

Welcome back. I'm glad you have decided to start woodworking again. I look forward to seeing some pictures.

Steve H.

Canuck

Wayne
Corporate Member
Welcome back, Stephen.

Old home week is great ain't it? Looking forward to seeing more of your great work.

Wayne

Phil S

Phil Soper
Staff member
Corporate Member
It is good to have you back. I look forward to seeing your inspiring work again

JohnW

New User
John
I remember you..and I'm senile so what does that tell ya.

Welcome back Stephen. Very glad the circle brought you back this way. Some of your woodworking and pics have personally inspired me in my work. Particularly the tool cabinet and the rounded night stand. Nice to hear you will be back at it.:icon_thum

Trent Mason

New User
Trent Mason
Hi Stephen,

I certainly remember you. I'm glad to hear that things are on the up and up. Looking forward to having you back and seeing more of your excellent work. :icon_thum

striker

New User
Stephen
Thank you everyone for the warm welcome back. I think the spirit that once moved me has finally come home again. It's amazing to me how a pile of wood one day is just that, a pile of wood and another day can be a project you can't wait to start. Anyway, I see projects in my piles these days.

Some minor surgery this past week has me sidelined at the moment but I'm chomping at the bit to do some work that's picture worthy. First off, I have to get my shop in order which may include a little downsizing of equipment so the classifieds may get a little action. After that, I have an older rowing shell (row boat 26 ft long x 12 inches wide!). it has carbon fiber hull, linen decks, and Mahogany cockpit and it's time for a refit. I'm all ears if anyone's got experience with this type of boat and work.

Otherwise, I have a 101 projects I'd like to try including something special for the showcase next year:). Im looking forward to adding to the discussions and meeting the old and new faces here as well.

Stephen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS