New Mobile Router Table in Progress

Status
Not open for further replies.

Splinter

New User
Dolan Brown
Slowly but surely my new mobile router table in taking shape. I haven't applied the finish yet but I have ordered the router plate, T-Tracks and power switch and have part of the fence cut out. I have noted the motto of this forum is "No photos it didn't happen" so I have posted a few photos in the Photo Galleries just to prove "it is happening". :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

DaveO

New User
DaveO
That's looking great!!! I really like your "French T-tracks", will those be to anchor the fence? What plate did you decide to go with? How long has it all taken you, mine is taking forever and a few days.
Dave:)

cmartinson

New User
chad
Question.:icon_scra What is a French T-track for? I've never heard of such a thing. I looked at your pics and silly me I just can't imagine what I would use that for.

Splinter

New User
Dolan Brown
Dave I started it Jan 27th '06. But I had a little head start. The cabinet box was already built. It was an excess cabinet from my kitchen cabinet project. Someone's measurement was a little off:BangHead: so I had to make another base cabinet that went next to the refrigerator. I ordered the "standard plate" from Rockler. I have looked at plates in catalogs until I was tired of looking. Where I live there are no woodworking stores within about 100 miles so the internet and ww catalogs are my friends. :lol:

cmartinson I don't know what a French T-Track is either. I will be installing metal T-Tracks in the dado in the edge of the top. If my plan works, my fence will slid in these T-Tracks. There is a dado on both the left and right edge of the top. I decided to try this approach rather than putting the T-Tracks on the top to cut down on the amount of dust/chips getting in the tracks.

DaveO

New User
DaveO
My bad, I read Fench T-track wrong. I thought you had some fancy smancy new woodworking method that I had never heard of. D'oh:slap:

Dave (needs to go back to basic reading classes):)

D L Ames

New User
D L Ames
Dolan, your RT cabinet is looking great.:icon_thum I really like the edge banding treatment you used around the top of your table top. I look forward to seeing the completed photos.

D L

Splinter

New User
Dolan Brown
DaveO said:
My bad, I read Fench T-track wrong. I thought you had some fancy smancy new woodworking method that I had never heard of. D'oh:slap:

Dave (needs to go back to basic reading classes):)

Dave, I guess if I was to spell "fence" correctly it would be easier to know what I was saying. Opps!!:BangHead: I guess that glass of wine made my typing worse than usual.:eusa_doh:

cmartinson

New User
chad
Ohhhh8-O. How ingenious. Let me know how that works for you. Fence guiding can always use some improvement on router tables. I'm in the planning stages for mine right now so I'm interested to see how yours works out. Please let me know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS