Status
Not open for further replies.

frigator

New User
Robin Frierson
Ok, just signed up today and it was suggested I introduce myself, my name is Robin Frierson, moved to Hickory about 1yr ago and just now got my new shop finally finished, what a job. Starting to set everytihng up now and get back to some furniture making. Recognize a few guys from woodnet, which is where I used to hang out. Anyway, hello everyone.

If you dont hear from me again, I have probably electrocuted myself as I am trying to wire up a phase converter and know very little about three phase power. Any electricians on board here?

Canuck

Wayne
Corporate Member
Hey Robin,

Welcome to the forum. I am sure that there are plenty of folks here that would be willing to give you some direction on electrical work. Not Me! I don't even like changing light bulbs!:crybaby2:

Anyway, would love to see some pictures of your shop, even as you progress. You will find a wealth of information and very talented woodworkers here at NCWW. Myself, a newbie to woodworking have learned a tremendous amount from these great folks, just since I joined in December/05.

Be careful with that electricity and I look forward to reading more of your posts!

Wayne

RandyJ

New User
Randy
Welcome to the group Robin. This is the best WWing site on the WWW:eusa_danc . I don't know much about 3-phase but there are people here that will probably chime in when they see your post. Don't forget to request a Photo Album and post some pics of your shop and work. Around here the motto is, "No pics, it didn't happen!"
Good luck on the new shop.
Take care,
Randy

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Robin, welcome to the site. I can't help with the elect. questions, my shop came all ready wired (was someone else's shop before me). But I am glad you joined and introduced yourself. I look forward to your input in the forums.
Dave:)
(DMO over on WN)

D L Ames

New User
D L Ames
Robin, welcome aboard. I am sure you will find this site much more pleasant than that "other" site. As for your electrical question, IIRC Stoneskippers is an electrician and might be able to offer some advice and Woodguy just recently completed the installation of a phase converter.

D L

erasmussen

RAS
Corporate Member
Welcome
If you have any questions. you can even pm me if you like.
I have used many phase converters where i used to work
even made one.

M

McRabbet

Welcome to the best site on the Net for woodworkers, Robin -- you'll find this to be a much more congenial and sharing site than "WickedNet" and we look to benefit from your input, too. You're in the heart of furniture country and we have several members in Hickory as you discovered already in the Chat Room tonight. Post some pics of your shop and projects -- Glad to have you join us.

Rob

clowman

Clay Lowman
Corporate Member
Let me throw our welcomes as well! We have several members in the Hickory area. I grew up there. Nice place. Do make yourself a frequent visitor, jump in with both feet! Nobody here bites.

Wilmingtonian

New User
David
Canuk said:
You will find a wealth of information and very talented woodworkers here at NCWW. Myself, a newbie to woodworking have learned a tremendous amount from these great folks, just since I joined in December/05.

Welcome, I too, have just joined 3/31/06. I am addicted to the site. Everyone is so helpful. I have learned so much, and hope that you enjoy as much as I have. :lol:

David

cskipper

Cathy
Let me add another welcome! I think you'll find us to be a friendly and !informative group. Please do post pictures - we love pictures. Enjoy the group!

Ray Martin

New User
Ray
Hi Robin,

Welcome to the WWNC. This is a really great place. I look forward to hearing from you about wood... or whatever.

Ray

skeeter

New User
Charles
Hello Robin and welcome from the coast. Wish I could help with the wiring question, but I'm sure my advice wouldn't be safe or pass code.

sapwood

New User
Roger
A belated, but warm welcome Robin. :-D

Glad you joined us. I remember your moniker from woodnet. Since NCWWer started up I rarely visit woodnet. It's a great resource, but I find this site much friendlier. Having the opportunity to meet some of the folks here has proved invaluable :cool:

Sapwood

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS