New Member Introduction: Cliff Greaves, President of Triad Woodworkers Association, Greensboro

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clifford

New User
Cliff
Hello, my name is Cliff Greaves, President of the Triad Woodworkers Association in Greensboro, NC. We meet on the third Thursday of each month at the Woodcraft Four Seasons Mall store in Greensboro. The store is company owned and it is a large, stand alone store with a significant shop facility. We meet at 6:30PM. Our objective is teaching, and exchanging woodworking ideas, and techniques. In an effort to do that, every month we have a program presented by a member or local woodworker covering tools, case work, lathe work, finishing. Sometimes, we take a field trip to visit other member's shops, or shops of local professional woodworkers. Currently, we are scheduled to visit Eric Thompson's Greensboro shop in April, and Roy Underhill in September. Eric builds church furniture using both power and hand tools, which is really quite beautiful. In May, our program is on the application and installation of inlay. Our group is comprised of 20+ members embracing all manner of woodworking interests and experience levels from novice to advanced. We would love to have more folks join our ranks and participate in sharing of experience and the love of woodworking. As we grow the group, we plan to sponsor hands on workshops with nationally known instructors. Of course, that is possible only with the support of a significant number of members who are excited and engaged in the pursuit of expanding their woodworking knowledge and expertise. By the way, members enjoy a 10% discount on purchases (non-corded) in the Woodcraft store. Please feel to contact me for directions, more information, or just show up at our next meeting. You will be warmly welcomed indeed! I hope to see you soon!

TracyP

Administrator , Forum Moderator
Tracy
Welcome to North Carolina Woodworker.net aka ncwoodworker.net. It is great that you have chosen to join our membership. I hope that folks in close vicinity of your meetings that are members here will share interaction on our site to promote both organizations.

Tim Sherwood

Tim
Corporate Member
Thanks for joining Cliff. Welcome to NCWW. Your meeting dates will be easy to remember. We meet the same day for lunch at the Moose Cafe, at the Greensboro Farmers Market: re,Greensboro Lunch Bunch group. I hope we can exchange visits and get to know each other.

Last edited by a moderator:

Clifford

New User
Cliff
Welcome to North Carolina Woodworker.net aka ncwoodworker.net. It is great that you have chosen to join our membership. I hope that folks in close vicinity of your meetings that are members here will share interaction on our site to promote both organizations.
Indeed, I look forward to that as well! Perhaps we can further the craft and make more friends within the community together. Thanks for the good wishes.

Bill Clemmons

Bill
Corporate Member
Cliff, welcome to the NCWW site. Is your organization fairly new? I ask because in the past I've asked around, including Woodcraft in G'boro, if there were any woodworking groups in the area. The answer was always none that they knew of. But I'm glad to learn that there is a group in the Triad.

Are you aware of our Greensboro lunch bunch? We meet the third Thursday of each month (tomorrow) at The Moose Cafe at the Farmer's Market in Greensboro. We'd love to have you join us at 11:30. Ours is a very informal group. No membership; no officers; no agenda; no dues; etc. Just a bunch of local woodworkers showing up to enjoy lunch and each others company. It would be a great opportunity for you to tell us all about the Triad Woodworkers Asso.

Bill

Clifford

New User
Cliff
Hi Bill! No, I am not aware of the "lunch bunch". Thanks for the invitation! I would love to be there and will do so if the meeting I have tomorrow morning will be finished in time. 11:30 Eh? I will do my best to be there. I guess I look for the noisiest bunch with sawdust on their shirt....

Cliff:)

Bill Clemmons

Bill
Corporate Member
I guess I look for the noisiest bunch with sawdust on their shirt....

Cliff:)

Yep, that pretty much describes us. :gar-Bi They usually give us the party room in the back. When you go in the front doors, turn to your right and head for the back room, or just ask the receptionist for the woodworking group.

I sure hope you make it. I think we'd all love to hear more about your group. Even if you're running a little late, come on anyway. We're a very friendly bunch.

Bill

Bryan S

Bryan
Cliff welcome to our little sawdust pile on the web, we are glad to have you. Several of us are regulars at the Greensboro Candy Store/Woodcraft. I did speak with Brian Coppotelli there 2 weeks ago inviting him to join us, if I remember right he is a carver.

I hope you were able to make it to lunch gathering at the Moose Cafe. I was planning on being there, but had a work related surprise that still has me boiling. Do not be bashful feel free to join in any conversation.

We love pictures and here are 2 links that will help explain how to upload pics to your gallery and post them.

To upload pictures

To post pictures

Mike Davis

Mike
Corporate Member
Cliff,

it was nice to meet you at the lunch today. Enjoyed the talk about the TWA and I hope to be at one of your meetings soon.

Clifford

New User
Cliff
Hi Bill! Thanks so much for inviting me to lunch today! It was a real pleasure to be with all of you and learn more about what you guys are up as you work to support each others saw dust making activities! Clearly there is a lot of beneficial work going on there. I look forward to being a part of the group!

I also want to thank you, and all those in attendance to the luncheon today, for allowing me to share some information about our Triad Woodworkers Association woodworking club. I hope that there is something that we offer that you all can participate in and learn from. Maybe some of you would even share some of your knowledge as a presenter of one or more of our monthly programs in the months ahead. There is no doubt that we have a great deal in common! In any case, come on over on the SECOND (not third as I previously stated in error) Thursday evening at the Greensboro Four Seasons Woodcraft store. We would love to see you!

Regards, Cliff

Clifford

New User
Cliff
Hi Bryan! Thanks for the warm welcome! I did make it to the lunch meeting and I am very glad I did! I look forward to seeing you all again. Yes, Brian is a carver, but he is also a very good woodworker as well. He has been to the Bennett Street School in Boston and can carve a very good ball and claw foot...I have seen him work. He has also provided instruction for us at our Triad Woodworkers Association meetings. I consider him a good friend.

Clifford

New User
Cliff
Thanks for the warm welcome! I enjoyed meeting everyone too. It is clear you guys have a lot of fun and get something done that furthers everyone's knowledge and skills to boot! I look forward to seeing you all again the next time.

Cliff

KenOfCary

Ken
Staff member
Corporate Member
Yes, welcome aboard. This is a very friendly group. Ask questions, give advice when you can and post lots of pictures. We love pictures of both work in progress and finished projects. Highlight pictures from one of your meetings would even be appreciated if the subject is interesting.

- Ken.

golfdad

Co-director of Outreach
Dirk
Corporate Member
welcome aboard Cliff. I enjoyed our chat the other night at the TWA meeting.....Hope u enjoy the site.. Great group here

b4man

New User
Barbara
Hey there Cliff! I'm so glad you found us and joined here. I really look forward to your input and hope to make one of your meetings in the near future!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS