New Member from WNC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr. Haney

New User
Matthew
Hello,

My name is Matthew Haney and I am happy that I found this site. I teach Industrial Arts at Canton Middle School in Western NC. I also live in canton. Canton is about 20 minutes west of Asheville right off of I40. Most folks will know where it is because of the smell from the Paper Mill in town. We always say that is the smell of money.

I have a degree in Manufacturing Engineering, however, I did not have a passion for industry. I have picked up woodworking from some really great teachers I have met and worked with. I love sharing what I have learned with my students. I also love metalworking. I look forward getting to know you folks. Let me know if there is anyone close in the area. :icon_sunn

PChristy

New User
Phillip
Hello Matthew, glad to have you on board - we love to see pictures ao if you have ony of your work-shop-metal work - anything you wish to share we would love to see it - can't wait to read some of your post

Phillip

skeeter

New User
Charles
Hello Matthew and welcome to the site. Lots of really good woodworkers who are members in your area.

nelsone

New User
Ed
Hello Mr. Haney! How are Oliver and Lisa, Mr. Ziffel, Sam Drucker and everyone else from Green Acres?:rotflm:

Sorry, I couldn't resist. Welcome to the group!

ptt49er

Phillip
Corporate Member
Welcome to our wonderful pile of sawdust!!

We're glad you could find us, now we just need to see some pics!!

MikeH

New User
Mike
Welcome to NCWW Matthew! We're glad to have you. I'm actually working at the paper mill today and will be up here a couple days a week for the next couple weeks.

Welcome the greatest woodworking site on the internet!

Canuck

Wayne
Corporate Member
Welcome Matthew!!!!

Great to see you join our merry band of sawdusters!

Wayne

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Welcome Matthew, I am glad you found us. Teaching woodworking, what a doubly rewarding job. Enhancing young minds, and doing something you enjoy.
I look forward to your input in the forums and hopefully seeing some pictures of your work or your student's work.
Dave:)

M

McRabbet

Welcome to the website, Matthew. I'm one of the many members from here in the beautiful mountains of western NC -- Hendersonville. I'm also President of the Western NC Woodworkers Association, a group of about 50 fellow woodworkers that meet once each month to share our passion for wood. We meet tomorrow in Fairview for our annual Fall BBQ and we will include a Tool Sale/Swap as well. If you're free tomorrow, we'll be getting together at Noon -- send me a PM with your email address and I'll send you the details.

You'll find this website a great source of all things woodworking and our members a the friendliest folks you'll ever find. Welcome aboard.

ghayes02

New User
Gary
Welcome Mathew, I think you made a great decision to come to this site. there is a lot of real nice and helpfil folks. Again Welcome

Gary

TracyP

Administrator , Forum Moderator
Tracy
Welcome to the site, it is great to have you join us. Please feel free to jump in at any time.

TV

New User
Todd Vaughn
Welcome to the board, Mr Haney! We are glad you have joined us.

tv

sapwood

New User
Roger
Welcome to NCWWer, Matthew!
We're glad you found us and look forward to your input.

Regards,
Roger

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS