New member from Tobaccoville

Jay A

New User
Jay
I am new to the forum and sort of new to woodworking. I did enjoy wood shop back in school many years ago. I have built a few things over the years with what tools I had. That was mostly a jigsaw and hand tools. My wife and I moved to Tobaccoville right before the pandemic and was laid off from driving charter busses. I have also worked as an IT tech consultant for a few years. US Army vet as well. Our new home has some room for me to put together a shop and that is what I am attempting to do. I have about 210 sq feet to work with. I will probably be asking advice a lot.

bowman

Board of Directors, Webmaster
Neal
Staff member
Corporate Member
Welcome Jay, I'm just across the bridge in King!

Mike Davis

Mike
Corporate Member
Welcome Jay,

I’m near Hanging Rock State Park off Hwy 8.
You are welcome to come see my shop and some space saving tactics I used to get a lot of tools in a single car garage. I’m still a bit over crowded and disorganized but I get a lot of work done in very little time.

I may even have some old tools you can use.

Lhloy

New User
Larry
Jay welcome. I had to look up Tobaccoville to see where it is. A beautiful area. Happy sawdust.

Jay A

New User
Jay
Thank you all for the welcome. Mike, I might take you up on that offer. I have been doing some small home improvement type task but starting to build things. Currently building a porch swing for my wife.

Rick Mainhart

Rick
Corporate Member
Welcome Jay, and thank you for your service.

I'm just north of Kernersville. I just replaced my 16" Grizzly bandsaw, and its available if you want. I also have an old direct-drive Craftsman table saw that may have a few more cuts in it available for you as well.

Regards,
Rick
(USCG Retired)

Linc H

Linc
Corporate Member
I am new to the forum and sort of new to woodworking. I did enjoy wood shop back in school many years ago. I have built a few things over the years with what tools I had. That was mostly a jigsaw and hand tools. My wife and I moved to Tobaccoville right before the pandemic and was laid off from driving charter busses. I have also worked as an IT tech consultant for a few years. US Army vet as well. Our new home has some room for me to put together a shop and that is what I am attempting to do. I have about 210 sq feet to work with. I will probably be asking advice a lot.
Welcome Jay!! Enjoy the journey (USN vet)

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS