New Ladder

BWhitney

Bruce
Corporate Member
I've been looking for a new ladder and like this on (Model MTIAA-22) 22 ft. Reach 5-in-1 Telescoping Aluminum Multi-Position Ladder with 375 lbs. Load Capacity from Home Depot.
ladder.jpg
My problem is that it is made in China. Does anyone here know of a similar ladder made in USA?

Newboy

George
User
Little Giant was the original ladder like that, made in US.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Oka

Casey
Corporate Member
Yeah Little Giant was selling these, but at all our worksites they are no longer allowed, not to say their bad, just new rules disallow them. Most the Contractors have been switching to platform and hybred ladders, because they are more idiot proof and lighter. Even Little Giant has been promoting some of their other type ladders.

Little Giant website

Gotcha6

Dennis
Staff member
Corporate Member
Yeah Little Giant was selling these, but at all our worksites they are no longer allowed, not to say their bad, just new rules disallow them. Most the Contractors have been switching to platform and hybred ladders, because they are more idiot proof and lighter. Even Little Giant has been promoting some of their other type ladders.

Little Giant website
I can attest to their awkwardness. I have one but I keep it at home and at my age I try to avoid ALL ladders as much as possible. If these ladders are extended as an extension ladder and one has to go onto a roof, say, it is necessary to raise the ladder to a point that you then must swing around the flared end to get off the ladder. I've always felt uncomfortable doing this. I also have reservations about the center hinge design and the potential to have it turned backwards so that the ladder might knee down while loaded.

BWhitney

Bruce
Corporate Member
Lowes is still carrying Little Giant. But Little Giant website says "Made in China" :mad:

Thanks OKA, Newboy (George), and (golfdad (Dirk). I looked on the Little Giant website and at Lowes. The Werner is 1AA (375 pound capacity) and the equivalent Little Giant, price wise, is 1A (300 pound capacity).

Gotcha6 (Dennis), I also avoid as much as possible but sometimes it is just necessary.

I still haven't made up my mind, but I do like the leveler feature on the Little Giant.

Last edited:

fulldec

Don
Corporate Member
I have a similar one, not sure the brand. It find that it is pretty heavy compared to other ladders. I still use it more than the others. You might check the weight before buying to make sure you are ok with it.

Dcoop

New User
David
Bruce I have a little giant ladder Model # 10103 Type 1A that is available for sale. I do not use it and it looks brand new. If you are interested PM me for details.

DavidK

New User
David
I bought a Little Giant Leveler 22 about 6 months ago. I quite like it, but it is very heavy. The sticker on it says, "Proudly Designed and Engineered in the USA. Made in China."

tri4sale

Daniel
Corporate Member
I bought mine on Black Friday, and love it, super handy ladder. But it is heavy! Last years Home Depot had one at Black Friday that had wheels on the bottom for moving it around (when ladder setup the wheels didn't touch the ground so it was safe) which could be handy to move.

McRabbet

Rob
Corporate Member
I have the Harbor Freight Franklin 17' multi-task 1A ladder that I got last year on sale with a coupon. Current price is $139.99 and I use it on my 25' travel trailer. While made in the far east, it is very well made and very similar in design to the Little Giant. I keep it strapped and locked to the built in ladder on the back of my trailer.

tvrgeek

Scott
Corporate Member
So, you are looking for something based not on it's quality, functionability, availability, or price, but solely where it was made?
Tell me,do you have a phone? Do you have a computer? Do you have kitchen appliances? So you have a car? Shoes, etc. Sure, I look for products made in the "West" and will pay a little more for one, but that is a deciding point on all other things being equal. The product itself comes first.

I have a folding ladder, no idea what one. HEAVY. Hate it. Each segment is 4 feet. Every position when folding you have to stop and release the latches.

Funny game when they list "reach" as they are assuming long arms and standing on the next to the top rung strait up.

Gofor

Mark
Corporate Member
I was going to suggest Werner, beings I have one, and have been happy with it (yes, its heavy), but then realized it is the model you posted.

BWhitney

Bruce
Corporate Member
Yeah, I finally got one.
The Lowe's version of the Little Giant Model 22. Lowe's has it advertised as "Leveler" however Little Giant doesn't list anything under that term.
I'm still not sure I'm happy with it, but it does do what it says, is easy to extend and I can store it in the shed (a little over 5 feet tall when fully stored).
I thank everyone for their responses. You did help me in my selection. I'll probably have it at the picnic in September as it does fit in the pickup and I usually need one to run extension cords.

Tomorrow is the first of May. It will be time to make another raffle ticket purchase. Yay!!

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS