New Job and location!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MikeH

New User
Mike
Hey all,
It's been way too long since I posted and I feel like such a slacker. There have been several big changes in my life in the last couple months.

1. I don't remember if I ever posted about my job loss (again) last June. I was collateral damage from a bad separation of two business partners. Long story short I was out of work from Mid June to end of September and in that time I only had 3 interviews. I was beginning to develop a complex. Well my second interview was the best by far and seemed like a great fit. They called me back for a follow up interview and in less than 2 hours I had an offer to come work for them. I started October 7th and it has turned out to be an incredible company. I have never felt so good about working for a company before. The companies name is Thinkgate and the website is www.thinkgate.net. I don't have enough space on here to go into everything our platform does, but at the moment it impacts about 3,000,000 students and several hundred thousand teachers. I love the fact that I'm working for a company that is really making a difference.

2. Along with the new job has been a move to the North side of Charlotte. We moved into an apartment so I won't get much shop time, but I know the apartment is only temporary and I still have the shop at our house in the country. We have a nice big covered patio so I may bring my lathe and do some limited turning. I really miss being able to walk out to shop and do whatever I want.

3. The third and most important change that occured over the summer has my engagement to Crystal (Whom most of you met at the picnic the year I was voted to board). She was taking pictures. I think it was year before last.

Trent Mason

New User
Trent Mason
All great news Mike! In this economy, a good job with a great company is very difficult to find. News of your engagement is even better news! Congratulations!!! :eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap

I can certainly relate to the apartment living too and you've hit that nail right on the head. It's only temporary. Hopefully for you all it is less temporary than it was for us. :swoon: :gar-La;

Enjoy the new digs and it's great to see you posting again. :icon_thum

MikeH

New User
Mike
UPDATE: Crystal and I got married last Tuesday on 11-12-13 at 3:45. How is that for numbers falling into place?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors