New Jet Xacta Deluxe Problem?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Semmons23

New User
Steve
Well I got my new saw today (pictures coming) and everything went together fine - including getting off the pallate onto the mobile base. There is a small problem with the blade/miter slot alignment that I need to correct before I cut anything but I feel there is an issue with the saw on startup. It seems to start very hard - I didn't try the nickle test but I highly doubt it would stay up. The motor seems to jump forward about 1/4 inch, maybe 1/2 inch and there is a lot of flapping in the belt. Once its running it seems smooth and there is no visible wobble etc. in the blade (brand new woodworker II).

Belt seems fairly tight as does everything else under the table.

I'm going to try to upload a youtube video now.

Any things I can check would be great...

Thanks

Semmons23

New User
Steve
Thanks for the replies. I contacted Jet and they said it sounds like the belt is too loose. I noted that there is at least a 1/4" deflection when I pushed on it last night. The tech said there should be almost no deflection, maybe 1/16".

I will adjust this and report back.

They are also sending me a new motor cover since mine has a small dent and a little missing paint. Nothing really to even be concerned about but I did pay a lot for the saw so it should be right. No questions asked, they're just sending a new one.

If someone needs one let me know.

Steve

Semmons23

New User
Steve
Well the belt was fairly loose and so were the bolts holding the motor - didn't take much to loosen them. They're tight now as is the belt but nothing has changed at all. Saw just really kicks when you hit the on button and then its fine - very smooth. Cut a few pieces of wood and after adjusting the fence to eliminate a minor burn mark its perfect - and the Woodworker II is awesome.

Can get over how good the dust collection is - especially since my last saw was a Delta Contractors.

Steve

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS