Status
Not open for further replies.

TN Woodie

New User
John
OK, I am building a new shop, is should be 70 x 28 with a garage door at one end. It will also double as the support for the walls of our new house. Yes, this is a basement, full daylight on two sides and will be shop and working garage as there is also a garage on the main level that will be for parking.

We have started the task of clearing the lot so now I am willing to start sharing the progress.

This is also somewhat of a gloat because we had a lot of large old white/red oaks that had to make way for the house and I got a mill to saw it for 1/2 the product. I am going to get a LOT of lumber!:gar-Bi

That_s_the_load.JPG
:

Bigdog72

New User
Geoff
Re: New Shop, sort of...

I am glad I am not seeing that load of trees coming at me! Looks overloaded or at least top heavy!!

Congrats on the lumber and the new shop!!

RandyJ

Randy
Corporate Member

Congratulations on the new SHOP and WOOD (and home):wink_smil.

So, will it be completed in time for the next shop crawl?:dontknow: Tennessee isn't THAT far...:icon_thum

Keep us posted on the progress.

TN Woodie

New User
John

Congratulations on the new SHOP and WOOD (and home):wink_smil.

So, will it be completed in time for the next shop crawl?:dontknow: Tennessee isn't THAT far...:icon_thum

Keep us posted on the progress.

As a matter of fact, Tennessee is right here!:gar-La;

scsmith42

New User
Scott Smith

Man, that ought to be a great shop! There are some great looking logs on that load too.

Be sure to post lots of progress pix!

Scott

TN Woodie

New User
John
Lumber Update

Here is my half of the logs, I have no idea yet how much it is, except that it is a "Big Pile of Lumber".
Now I have to do something with it.:swoon:
IMG_1794.jpg

FredP

Fred
Corporate Member

for starters I would stack and sticker it befor ya wind up with a pile of snake lumber.:gar-La; seal the ends good too.

FredP

Fred
Corporate Member

once dried, are you going to use it in the new house? it would make some purdy kitchen cabinets!:icon_thum maybe a nice oak library or studdy? hmmm the possibilities are endless!:icon_cheers

TN Woodie

New User
John
Second load of lumber to the Kiln

This is the second load to Bee Tree, the first today and the second load is ready to go in the AM. Man this stuff is heavy. I should end up with over 1000 BF dried, and maybe about 600 more green to air dry. This trailer is 12' long.
Off_to_the_Kiln.jpg

TN Woodie

New User
John
Answers

I have no specific plans for the shop area. Right now it is just the basement, but will have a garage door at one end.

I do plan to use the lumber in the house for finish/trim. That's why I am going to the trouble of kiln drying most of the 4/4. I have widths from 4" to some as wide as 12", mostly about 8". I'm excited.:icon_cheers

TN Woodie

New User
John
Photo update

Picture6.jpg

This is what was left over from the two kiln loads. I will sticker and air dry this batch. There are several 4x4s and 2x4 in there as well.

Picture_0181.jpg

This is to give you some perspective on the size of the stumps we hauled away. They gave the logger's little bulldozer fifty fits.

crokett

New User
David
Re: New Shop, sort of... Photo Update 7/30/09

Good luck. I am jealous of that lumber stash! Keep posting the pics.

M

McRabbet

Re: New Shop, sort of... Photo Update 7/30/09

John,

You mentioned BeeTree Hardwoods in Swannanoa for drying your lumber -- they are good guys and do KD work for some of our local sawyers here in the Asheville area (e.g., Mountain Sawyers, who I deal with) -- it sure looks like you hauled a bunch to them and I'm sure you will be pleased with the results.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS