New Guy in Lee County

Status
Not open for further replies.

cobraguy

Clay
Corporate Member
Been piddling around off and on for about 30 years. I'm finally setting up a shop in the basement to get after finishing some of the details around the house. Also slowly relocating tools (power and hand) from my dad's shop over in Sampson County. Looking forward to turning noise into saw dust again. I've poked around the site for a few days. Looks like a good group. Thanks for having me.

Clay

Ward Green

Ward
Senior User
Hey Clay, my name is Ward and I just registered too. I think this site will a great resource for someone like me with little word working experience. I hope to learn a lot and get inspired to do more wood working by the members on the site. I am located outside of Hillsborough, NC.

My most recent projects included a wood top shooting range/ utility table and a .30 .30 ammo box.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_1210.jpg
    IMG_1210.jpg
    253 KB · Views: 111
  • IMG_1212.jpg
    IMG_1212.jpg
    254.5 KB · Views: 185
  • 52554462218__2776DC01-7B63-4651-BAD5-DC42A9B586FC.jpg
    52554462218__2776DC01-7B63-4651-BAD5-DC42A9B586FC.jpg
    451.8 KB · Views: 203

Jim M.

Woody
Corporate Member
Welcome to the forum guys, please feel free to ask questions, start discussions and share your projects.

sawman101

Bruce Swanson
Corporate Member
You're in the right place; this is the friendliest, most helpful site on the web. Glad you've chosen to join us Clay and Ward!

cobraguy

Clay
Corporate Member
As requested, here are some pics of the things the boss has me working on these days. Lucky for me, I can hide mistakes with filler and paint while I get back on my game.

The pantry shelves are nothing more than some 1x in 2x dados. I discovered a while back that by making shallow, but "right height" shelves, you can actually increase the usable shelf area in a given wall space. At a previous house, I actually doubled the shelf area in a small closet by adding smaller shelves in a "U" around all three walls. There is the added benefit of being able to see everything without having to reach to the back of a deep shelf. When we built the new place, a larger pantry was a requirement. Now that we are empty nest, you can see we have excess capacity. (except when the grand kids are around)

Pantry.jpg

The area for mops/brooms is nothing more than painted beadboard in a 1x frame. It keeps wet and dirty stuff off the drywall.
Pantry_2.jpg

The mud room continues the beadboard theme. The window sill posed a small design challenge, but nothing too drastic.
Mud_Room.jpg

Mud_Room_2.jpg

The wife added her touch by making the liners for the baskets. Nothing fancy, but it works.

chris_goris

Chris
Senior User
As requested, here are some pics of the things the boss has me working on these days. Lucky for me, I can hide mistakes with filler and paint while I get back on my game.

The pantry shelves are nothing more than some 1x in 2x dados. I discovered a while back that by making shallow, but "right height" shelves, you can actually increase the usable shelf area in a given wall space. At a previous house, I actually doubled the shelf area in a small closet by adding smaller shelves in a "U" around all three walls. There is the added benefit of being able to see everything without having to reach to the back of a deep shelf. When we built the new place, a larger pantry was a requirement. Now that we are empty nest, you can see we have excess capacity. (except when the grand kids are around)

Pantry.jpg

The area for mops/brooms is nothing more than painted beadboard in a 1x frame. It keeps wet and dirty stuff off the drywall.
Pantry_2.jpg

The mud room continues the beadboard theme. The window sill posed a small design challenge, but nothing too drastic.
Mud_Room.jpg

Mud_Room_2.jpg

The wife added her touch by making the liners for the baskets. Nothing fancy, but it works.

Welcome Clay! and theres a saying at my house, "Caulk and paint, make it what it aint!" Nice work there! keep it up!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS