New Guy in Fayetteville

Status
Not open for further replies.

chiggins8

New User
Collin
Hello all,

New guy here. Probably much younger than most of you all on here. Turning 20 this year. I already have a background in carpentry, mostly framing/decking, but have always loved woodworking since my grandfather (woodcarver of 40+ years) would bring us hand carved ornaments and figures for Christmas. Im wanting to get into the finer areas of woodworking and my research led me to be on here. I look forward to learning from you all and growing my skills in the years to come. Thanks for having me!

Collin

KenOfCary

Ken
Staff member
Corporate Member
Welcome to one of the friendliest websites in the region. Ask questions and give advice when you have it. We love to see pictures, so as you get started with some new projects be sure and take lots of pictures and share them with us.

Keep an eye out for workshops in the area. We are pretty booked up right now but there should be some new workshops starting in the spring. If you can make it to the Klingspor Extravaganza in Hickory, NC at the convention center there please do. It is a very large woodworking show that is put on yearly by one of our advertisers. It is free and lasts the 28th and 29th of October. We will have a large booth there and you'll be able to see lots of other woodworkers and vendors at the event.

golfdad

Co-director of Outreach
Dirk
Corporate Member
Welcome to the sawdust pile collin. Hope to see you at one of our events.

Michael Mathews

Michael
Corporate Member
Welcome Collin! ALL ages are allowed to be a part of this great community. You'll get the most if you join in, contribute when you can in outreach events, and join in the workshops. This group has it all!

I should clarify, just because you'll soon be 20 doesn't mean you can't help in the outreach events. We always need help and you can be quickly trained in most any of the tasks we usually do at the events. There is one in King next weekend that we can really use some help.

Bryan S

Bryan
Corporate Member
Welcome to our little sawdust pile Colin, glad to have you with us.If you want to learn there are lots of great folks here to learn from.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS