New guy from Willow Spring

Status
Not open for further replies.

MarkE

Mark
Corporate Member
Hello all.

We recently moved to Willow Spring from the frozen north country, New Hampshire.

I am still in the process of getting my shop set up in the garage. What a lot of work that is. My basement shop up north was built up over about ten years, adding more space and more tools as I went. Getting everything set up all at once has turned out to be a much bigger project than I had anticipated.

And, now, as it turns out, I may have to do it again. Up north, I had about 350 square feet for shop space in the basement. Down here I have a lot more (23' x 23' garage, 529 square feet), but that space has to be shared with all the stuff that we used to store in our basement and out in the shed and under the deck. Bottom line is, we are now considering having a detached garage built for my woodshop and turn the garage back into a garage.

Anyway, I have been lurking here for a while and signed up a few days ago. Lots of good conversations going on around here, from what I have seen so far.

Trent Mason

New User
Trent Mason
Mark,

Welcome to NC and to NCWWer! :eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap Sounds like quite the task you have going on trying to get your shop set up/built. :swoon: Be sure and share some pictures of your progress. :icon_thum

Well, as you probably already know, this is a wonderful community. You should join us Thursday night at 7:30 in the flashchat lounge (right side of the screen toward the top). Hope to chat with you there and again, a big warm welcome to you. :eek:ccasion1

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Welcome Mark, I am glad that you could join us. I look forward to your input in the forums and seeing your shop(s) progress. I'm just down to road from you, so if you ever need anything just holler.

Dave:)

MarkE

Mark
Corporate Member
Thanks for the warm welcome, guys.

The shop is a real mess right now, but I did take a couple of pictures.

Built these lumber racks to hold, well, lumber.

Garage_Shop_0031.JPG

Hope it all fits. :gar-Bi

Garage_Shop_0011.JPG

Also started putting up some pegboard and clamp racks, etc. Had a 100amp electric panel installed along with a few 220 and 120 circuits and some more lights.

Garage_Shop_0071.JPG

The place is still a big mess. Have to move at least three things out of the way everytime I want to use about any tool. It sure is frustrating, after having everything right where I knew I would be for so long. I know it will come together over time, but still.

JimmyC

New User
Jimmy
Welcome Mark ! I think that you'll like the winter weather down here a little better:mrgreen:. What part of NH are you from, I own a piece of land in Hartland, VT just across the river from Lebanon.

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
Welcome Mark from another former Yankee. You will love it here. That is NCWW and NC.

gator

George
Corporate Member
Welcome Mark -

In another lifetime (the early '50's) I lived in the North Conway, Jackson, Gorham area, used to ski the Mt Washington toll road from the 'horn' down.

George

MarkE

Mark
Corporate Member
Thanks again for the welcome.

We moved here from New Ipswich in southern New Hampshire. There seems to be quite a few of us transplanted northerners down here in NC.

sapwood

New User
Roger
Another warm welcome to NCWWer, Mark!
Nice start on the shop relocation . . . clamps come first :icon_thum

Roger

Ray Martin

New User
Ray
Hi Mark,

Welcome to the NCWW. Always good to have another (former) yankee join us. I'm trying to get my shop set up too... as I have been for the past 15 years.

Ray

mikeacg

New User
Mike
Mark,

Welcome aboard! I'm part of the coastal bunch! Look forward to seeing pictures of your projects!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors