New from Huntersville / Charlotte

smurg

New User
Marty
I recently joined the forum to take the next step in my progress. I started out about 2 years ago moving into a new house and receiving a pile of scrap 1x10 from work. Sorted it, burned a lot, and have kept some.

Built a few rough bed frames from the infamous Ana White and then recently finished a table I drew up myself (castle joints left proud, haunched breadboard ends); stain before filling knots with epoxy! I have been working exclusively with pine until I can improve but will be looking to move into hardwoods and continue amassing tools.

Running off the Kobalt 10" Jobsite Table Saw, Hitachi 10" Non-slider Miter Saw, Bosch 1617 router, and luckily picked up the trusty Dewalt 735X this last Black Friday. I have been fortunate to borrow a few neighbor's tools and I have been tracking Craigslist for deals. I'll be lurking and may post from time to time! Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_20191113_174437.jpg
    IMG_20191113_174437.jpg
    469.3 KB · Views: 218
  • IMG_20200301_121001.jpg
    IMG_20200301_121001.jpg
    735.9 KB · Views: 201
  • IMG_20200301_161133.jpg
    IMG_20200301_161133.jpg
    777.2 KB · Views: 202
  • MVIMG_20200322_181745.jpg
    MVIMG_20200322_181745.jpg
    571.9 KB · Views: 204
  • IMG_20200322_181753.jpg
    IMG_20200322_181753.jpg
    460.7 KB · Views: 208
  • IMG_20200205_165605.jpg
    IMG_20200205_165605.jpg
    542 KB · Views: 211

Raymond

Raymond
Staff member
Corporate Member
Welcome aboard, smurg! You have come to the right web site. I am not too far from you in the north Charlotte area of Derita.

bob vaughan

Bob Vaughan
Senior User
I have been working exclusively with pine until I can improve but will be looking to move into hardwoods and continue amassing tools.

Nice work. You've done well with what you have to work with. Its clear that you're not choosing projects timidly. Good for you.

dazart

New User
Steve
Nice work. I'm in Huntersville also and probably started around the same time. Just a lot more timid on what I've taken on so far. :)

Oka

Casey
Corporate Member
Welcome ! I used to live in Mooresville ......... this is a nice forum, great people.

smurg

New User
Marty
Nice work. I'm in Huntersville also and probably started around the same time. Just a lot more timid on what I've taken on so far. :)
I'll say it's a good thing my wife wanted the base painted. Had to use filler in a few spots as my chisel abilities still require some work.

baraboyz

New User
baraboyz
Hello everyone, I'm new to this forum and have noticed some interesting information about working with wood in this post. Since buying a house in San Diego I have had the opportunity to open my own workshop. I mainly make custom furniture from hardwoods. I had done this before in Sacramento, but there I worked for a company and it didn’t make a lot of money. Now my workshop is my little business, and I try to develop as much of my time to it as possible. Now I have a large order for the manufacture of kitchen furniture from a red oak-tree. Some of the elements are done and it looks amazing. I would be glad to share with you the results of my work.

Last edited:

Hmerkle

Board of Directors, Development Director
Hank
Staff member
Corporate Member
Welcome, we are glad you found us and your work looks great!
Thanks for posting the pictures - we LOVE pictures!

Mike Davis

Mike
Corporate Member
Hello everyone, I'm new to this forum and have noticed some interesting information about working with wood in this post. Since buying a house in San Diego I have had the opportunity to open my own workshop. I mainly make custom furniture from hardwoods. I had done this before in Sacramento, but there I worked for a company and it didn’t make a lot of money. Now my workshop is my little business, and I try to develop as much of my time to it as possible. Now I have a large order for the manufacture of kitchen furniture from a red oak-tree. Some of the elements are done and it looks amazing. I would be glad to share with you the results of my work.
Would like to see that

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS