New from Advance, NC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bnance

New User
Bobby
I Joined NCWW in December 2017 and enjoy the site. Hopefully, I will attend the spring picnic and maybe win one of those great prizes.
Although, cleanup and finish remains, I wanted to share a pic of my current project— the attached anniversary boxes.
The boxes are for three lovely ladies, one being my wife. They are made from 5 different woods with inside dimensions of 5”x5”x5”. Each wood and inch represents a decade of friendship.
I look forward to meeting NCWW members.

Attachments

• F33F1C3A-FC5E-4837-A925-E9062E751480.jpeg
    F33F1C3A-FC5E-4837-A925-E9062E751480.jpeg
    599 KB · Views: 185

Raymond

Raymond
Staff member
Corporate Member
Very nice, Bobby. What are your plans for finishing them? Are you going to line the interior or leave it as bare wood?

bowman

Board of Directors, Webmaster
Neal
Staff member
Corporate Member
Welcome Bobby, the boxes look great, well thought out.

Bryan S

Bryan
Welcome to our little spot on the web Bobby, glad to have you with us. Please do ot be shy, feel free to join in a conversation or ask any question

Bnance

New User
Bobby
I plan to use three applications of Tried and True varnish oil and then three coats of satin poly varish. I will leave the insides like the outside.

Raymond

Raymond
Staff member
Corporate Member
I plan to use three applications of Tried and True varnish oil and then three coats of satin poly varish. I will leave the insides like the outside.

Thanks for the response, Bobby! Please do post after finish photos - would be nice to see the completed project.

Hmerkle

Board of Directors, Development Director
Hank
Staff member
Corporate Member
Welcome Bobby!
Nice TIGHT box joints there!
Look forward to seeing the finished product.

Will the lids be hinged or lift off?

Barry W

Co-Director of Outreach
Barry
Corporate Member
Bobby, Very nice work and welcome aboard. We look forward to meeting you at the Spring Picnic.

Please conside volunteering to help with upcoming Outreach projects near you.

sawman101

Bruce Swanson
Corporate Member
Welcome Bobby, you are now in the midst of many, many box lovers! Keep making, and posting pics of your work. We do enjoy pictures!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS