New Felder Sliding Saw on Ebay

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ray Martin

New User
Ray
Bernhard,

Yea, it does look like a great Christmas present. Now, if I just had the money, and the space for the machine (and maybe some wookworking talent to justify the purchase)

Ray

striker

New User
Stephen
Question for Bernard. From your posts I believe you currently have a felder. I've never seen one up close and personal but I was wondering what your opinion of the overall quality. I have a PM66 which in my opinion, its just another saw built for a price point. If I had the space I'd consider the Felder. Just curious if it cuts to size,square, etc without checking with a square/scale every other cut.

I signed up on the Felder web page just to be nosey about the pricing awhile back. I received elevendy seven phone messages from them before they gave up. You don't suppose they are hungry to sell one?

rgds, Stephen Stidd

Bernhard

Bernhard
User
Question for Bernard. From your posts I believe you currently have a felder. I've never seen one up close and personal but I was wondering what your opinion of the overall quality. I have a PM66 which in my opinion, its just another saw built for a price point. If I had the space I'd consider the Felder. Just curious if it cuts to size,square, etc without checking with a square/scale every other cut.

I signed up on the Felder web page just to be nosey about the pricing awhile back. I received elevendy seven phone messages from them before they gave up. You don't suppose they are hungry to sell one?

rgds, Stephen Stidd

Stephen,
Yes , I got some Felder stuff (bandsaw, horizontal mortiser, dust collector and a combo with 10'slider, shaper, 12"jointer,planer).
IMHO, Felder has the best cost to value ratio out there. Of course I'd rather have the Martin T-60 saw, but that is just not realistic. Fit and finish is far better than on any other equipment I have (or had), including the usual suspects (Delta, Grizzly, Jet, etc.). Another plus is the large assortment of add-ons/options that are available.
As to the pestering phone calls: When I contacted them much in the same manner you did, I also received a phone call. At that time I told them that I wasn't ready to buy. The rep then politely asked if he could call back in 2-3 months or if he could provide any more info. I asked him for a couple local references where I actually could take a look at the equipment in a shop, which he did. Well , 4 months later I called back and bought the first piece....and I am very happy with it.
PS Dino and Travis also have Felder stuff on this forum.

Cheers,
Bernhard

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS