New Compressor-Thank you Scott Smith

Status
Not open for further replies.

ErnieM

Ernie
Corporate Member
My old compressor, Sears oil-less 33 gallon, needed repair. Nothing drastic and easily fixed - except I didn't want to fix it. I no longer needed a compressor that big, and the deafening noise when it replenished itself was really getting to me. So I decided to replace it with something smaller and, hopefully, less noisy. I started researching compressors right here on NCWW, and I ran across a post by Scott Smith (scsmith42) in which he praised the California Air Tools compressors. Now I've never met Scott, but I know how respected he is here on NCWW, and if it's good enough for him it's good enough for me. So I ordered the 2hp, 10 gallon CAT 10020C compressor from Amazon.

It arrived in two days and in perfect condition. Setting it up involved installing the wheels - that's it. Wheels installed, I plugged it in and turned it on. I wish I had taken a picture of the smile on my face when I listened to the noise level (or lack thereof) as it filled up. Rated at 70 decibals, you can actually stand right next to it and carry on a conversation easily - no ear plugs necessary. The storage tank fills up (from empty) in just under two minutes, and in 45 seconds from its cut-off point. I filled up the storage tank to its capacity (125 psi) and left it on overnight. The next morning I checked it and it was still at 125psi. It is very well sealed.

So thank you Scott for your recommendation - I couldn't be happier. Oh, I almost forgot - it blows air too.

Ernie

IMG_4190[1].jpg

scsmith42

New User
Scott Smith
Hi Ernie, thank you for the kind words! You are most welcome!

I look forward to the day when I can visit your shop and admire some of your amazing handiwork. You have served as an inspiration to me and countless others.

Scott

ErnieM

Ernie
Corporate Member
Ernie, is the new compressor oil-less or needs oil?

Roy G

My old compressor was oil-less, and I swore I wouldn't make that mistake again. So I was not intending to buy another oil-less until I read Scott's post. Further research all seconded what Scott said, so i bit my tongue and bought the oil-less CAT. I've been using it heavily for the past two days (it was delivered this past Friday) and I smile every time it refills itself without me having to put in my ear plugs and/or raising the volume on the tv. I love this thing.

Ernie

Frank Berry

New User
Frank
I recently purchased the CAT 5.5 gallon 1 hp compressor and it is super quiet as well. Can't beat the California Air Tool compressors or their prices.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS